Deeper Darkness

I just want him to be happy again...

I want him to smile when he sees me...

I want him to see the side of me that loves him...

Not this side...

Not the side of me that wants to make him love me...

A demon....

That's all I am to him...

I want to be more to him...

I want him to not be able to live without me...

I want him to love me...

I will....

Make him love me....

Gold on black eyes narrowed, before widening with tears pricking at their corners.

No...

I can't...

I can't hurt him anymore...

I...can't...

Ichigo....

Ichi....ru...

Ichiru?

White stands of hair started to grow longer until they reached his mid back. Red stripes began to appear on his face as well.

Why can't I...

Why can't I show him...

What he really means to me...

Bright orange flashed before his eyes, making them widen even further. A pale hand reached out to touch the orange, but only met crisp air. 

Ichiru..

I...I don't know what to do...

I need you...

The orange flashed again before the man's mind was sucked into a black abyss. He looked around for even a shred of light, only to be met with a boy floating not far from him.

"Ichiru...?"

The man called out, and the boy looked up through his bright orange bangs. His deep chocolate eyes shimmering with a faint blue light.

"Shirosaki..." Ichiru replied.

A sad smile forced its way onto Shiro's face, "Ichiru I-"

"It's coming apart, Shirosaki." Ichiru whispered as he got closer, his black robes moving softly, "You are going to lose yourself."

Ichiru looked up into Shiro's eyes, before Shiro brought him into a tight hug. Shiro missed this, this boy. Breathing in deeply, Shiro sighed at the scent of his deceased lover.

"I miss you so much..." Shiro whispered into Ichiru's hair.

Ichiru tilted his head up to look into Shiro's eyes before wiping away a lone tear, "If you just let go before it's too late...we could be together again..."

Shiro shook his head, "But I can't...Ichigo will-"

Ichiru's calm features twisted into a strange fury, "Ichigo is going to erase you if you keep trying to hold onto life!"

Shiro flinched back a bit, "But I-"

"He doesn't love you the way you think you love him because of what you are becoming! It's eating you alive Shirosaki!" Ichiru looked down, before returning his gaze to show tears spilling down his cheeks, "I miss you, Shirosaki...I don't want to wait any longer...Please...Just end you curse....Let the boy free and you can join me in a better place."