Jane 3

Jane
Newt somehow managed to climb out of the box without the rope. Maybe he's done it lots of times before. As he reaches up, the sleeves of his t-shirt fall back, putting his muscles on display. A single bead of sweat slowly walks down his forehead and a determined look appeared in his wonderful deep brown eyes.

When he was up, out of the box, he disappeared for a minute, before reappearing after a second and hauled me up, out of the box into the glade. I gasp as I look around, turning around in circles and circles and circles, head spinning. Small homemade buildings, gardens, farms. Everyone worked in order. But what truly surprised me was the walls that surrounded the glade. 15 storeys high, ivy covered walls, with openings in the middle of each wall.

I turn around and finally look back at the glade to realise that while I was staring at the walls, everyone else was staring at me. I turn around, and look at Newt, he was smiling at me. He had a wonderful smile, that showed perfect teeth.

Newt gestures me towards him and yells out,
'Shanks this is our new greenie, JANE!'
A cheer erupts from the gladers.

~~~

Newt leads me to the biggest building in the glade.

'This is the homestead, normally, gladers only come here if they're getting food, if they're injured, or if they're a keeper and earned a room in there.'
Newt keeps walking as he talks, he walks over to the kitchen and grabs a chicken sandwich, then starts walking up the steps. I stumble after him.

When we're finally up all the steps, Newt leads me to a small room at the end of the corridor. He opens the door and pushes me in gently touching my back. The room is tiny. There's a small a bed and a dresser, that's pretty much it. The bed was unmade, the blankets practically thrown off, and there were clothes littering the floor and bed. I turn to Newt, who was still at the door and I realise he'd been staring at me. His expression hardened and he set the sandwich at the top of the dresser and started furiously grabbing clothes and stuffing them back in the dresser.

'This is normally my room, but you can have it for the next few days until you settle in. The sandwich's for you, so if you're hungry, you can eat it. Alby will come tomorrow and show you around,' he says as he heads back to the door.
'Are you a keeper?'
'What?' He asks with a surprised expression.
'You said only keepers get a room.'
He smiles, 'Were you listening to everything I said?' I shrug, 'Most gladers don't listen to anything I say when they first come up. I know I didn't, anyways yes. I'm a keeper. I'm keeper of the runners.'

A/N
Please vote and comment any feedback you have!!!