Jane 13

Hey guys, this chapter is dedicated to @Kat_the_freak who made a suggestion for this chapter.

Jane
The sleeping bag I slept in, Newt's sleeping bag, was surprisingly warm and comfortable though a little hard but I didn't mind. It was still early, over the past few days I'd been here I'd learned to wake up extra, extra, extra early. It was an annoying habit since everyone else was still asleep, but it gave me time to think. My mind wondered back to the events of last night...

I watched Newt pour the liquid skilfully into the bottle, as though he'd done it hundreds of times. I watched his slim fingers grip the bottles and the small furrow of concentration forming on his brow. Finally, the last drop of alcohol or whatever it was, dripped into the water bottle. Newt disposed of the empty one and started walking out. Then he froze, he heard voices, so did I. This is it, I'm going to be sent into the maze, banished, for helping a 'keeper' steal forbidden liquids from a locked medicine cabinet.

Then Newt reacts, almost as suddenly as he'd stopped, he grabbed my hand and pushed me into a storage room, more of a cupboard barely big enough for both of us. He places a finger to his lips and listens carefully to the shuffling feet and Minho's loud, loud voice. He releases my hand after a while, his hand no longer warming mine. I look around the cupboard, it was awfully quiet and very, very awkward.

After a while, Minho came and saved the day.
~~~

I'd dragged Minho across the glade and found him a sleeping bag before somehow managing to get him into it. All that time, he cracked ridiculous jokes and told me stories about the glade that I'm sure wasn't true.

As I tried to find an empty place for Minho to sleep, he walked around behind me, stomping and making crashing noises everywhere.
'Minho would you please cut that out and help me find a... Minho? Minho?' I spin around frantically, trying to find him. Then I heard a faint sound. I spun around to him, he giggled faintly. I watched his silhouette run into the deadheads. I sigh as I run in after him.
'Now, where oh where could Minho be? He's been running away from me.'
'I am your night in shining armour, dear sweet princess with LONG RED HAIR AND BEAUTIFUL BLUE EYES,  I have come on a mission to save you, let me be the first to ask for your hand. I will save you from the evils of these woods.' I gasp and laugh at the same to time as he leaps from the trees onto me, squashing me flat against the ground, knocking the air out of my lungs.
'Minhooooooo. You didn't save your damsel in distress, you killed her!' I gasp as he rolls off me and laughs lying next to me. I felt my ribs and immediately groaned.
'Sweet princess I have killed the ferocious beast, you can come out know for I can now take you back to the castle where we shall be wed. Alby can act as your father and walk you down the aisle! Newt can be the FLOWER BOY, AND the RING BOY AND my BEST MAN!' he screams.
I laugh, 'Newt can't be all those things.'
'Yes he CAN! He is my best friend AND THE CUTEST BOY IN THE ENTIRE GLADE!!' At this laugh so hard I couldn't breathe, but that was both physical and emotional. 'Now shut up you filthy beast, I already killed you.' At this I realised that I was the ferocious beast he had killed.
I rolled over, gasping, laughing, trying to catch my breath. My long hair tumbled over my shoulder, tangled with twigs and dried leaves.
'Okay Minho, it's time to go back.'

'Do you know what happens to Grievers when they die?' Minho asked sluggishly.
'Nope,' I replied, letting the 'p' sound pop as I said it, half supporting, mostly dragging him back to the centre of the glade, once again searching for an empty sleeping bag.
'They make weird noises first, like they're moaning. They start dancing like they need to klunk really bad and jump around like slint-heads. Then they pee out this really bright pee that looks like the colour of those vegetables Frypan always tells us to eat. I've seen it happen you know?'
'Mmmhmmm...' I said, trying not to laugh and wake up the others that had fallen asleep. Minho made wild arm gestures as he talked.
'Then they bleed out their poisonous venom that they inject us with, its actually a really bright orange colour did you know that? It GLOWS in the dark too! And then they make weird faces and start telling us stories as they bleed and dance. One told me a story about a shuck-faced pixie! It fought a whale and had magic powers, it grew up to 1 inch tall. It wears tutus and has magic wands!! And when they're done bleeding they always die right away!! They never finished the story of the pixie!!! And then after they're dead their body glows in pink light and they grow wings and sing you a lullaby. It's like making up for all the bad things they've done!! Then they burst into colourful butterflies that are actually made of butter! And even though it's made of butter it actually tastes like STRAWBERRIES AND MANGOES!! It's glader tradition you know, to eat the butter butterflies that burst from the Grievers. But it rarely happens so if you do, make sure you eat lots and lots of the butterflies! If you eat a lot then you'll get lots of good luck!!! But first, you will start to running into walls screaming WICKED IS MARVELLOUS!! I DEMAND A DUEL BETWEEN YOU AND I!!! Then you'll keep running at the wall and you will klunk PURPLE ORANGES!!!!! After you run back into the glade and start whacking people's butts with Frypan's BIGGEST frypan!! AND THEN BLUE AND BLACK TURTLES crawl out of random holes and eat you alive!!! Turtles are so cute you know, did you know that turtles can cry?! They cry when they get sad. When the grievers die, the turtles cry for them. But then they go into hysterics, they make this sound like, WAHHH RAAAAAA UHHHHHHH WRAAAAAA BLAH BLAHHHHH VAAAA! Stop laughing. I'm being serious!'
I couldn't help but burst out laughing. I'd laughed the whole time while getting Minho across the glade and finally reduced to giggles when I was getting him into the sleeping bag.

By the time I got Newt into his room, my arms were sore and I felt like I'd just held the weight of the sky, I mean no offence, but not all of us can be amazing runners and have superhuman strength. And those two both ate like pigs at dinner time, so you can't exactly blame me. Newt had a complete opposite reaction to being drunk than Minho. He wasn't loud, in fact more quite, he'd hardly said anything from the glade to the stairs to his bed, occasionally groaning or tripping over. When I got him in the room, he'd somehow known that his bed was close by and walked over to it before plopping onto it and snoring, I swear he'd started snoring before he even hit the bed. After I'd managed to get the blankets out from under him and lay them on top of him, my eyelids had begun to droop, and I had basically just managed to lay on top of the sleeping bag, before falling asleep.

It had been an exciting night, breaking the rules, almost getting caught, laughing loudly, ridiculous stories being told, one I'd definitely never forget, though hard to tell since I had forgotten my whole life before coming here.