Chapter1: Harassment

As for me, the most peaceful place in the world was the library, especially when your brain was filled with ideas for perfect stories.
With my laptop placed on the table, I slowly put my fingers onto the keyboard, and started typing.
Usually, after an hour or less, I would like to take a break and walk around, looking at the window(for my eyes' sake, you know), then enjoy the green of the forest outside the window.
This was why I like to stay in this library, for the relaxing atmosphere which had been provided since I had first been in here.
What I wasn't expecting was when I looked out from the window, as usual, I saw a pitch black tree between those ordinary ones.
It was covered in the darkest color I could imagine, meanwhile, despite how tall it was, the tree seemed no stronger then a bush, for how slim its trunk was.
The first thought popping out from my head was: Man, I really wanna take a closer look at this special tree.
Consequently, I passed the gate and left the building, jogging straight to where I saw the black tree.
Finally reaching the forest, I walked around, searching for it. Instead, I didn't see anything.
Confused, I looked up. I could see the library located nearby, and the window which I saw the tree.
I ended up fooling around for an hour and half, my footprints went all around the forest, but just couldn't find a single black tree.
I wished that I could find it.

"A black tree? Near the library?" A finger nearly poked at my cheek, I tilted my head and dodged it. "I've never seen one before."
"I saw it." I protested.
The very next day I was on my way to college with my friend, Denise, who buried herself into artworks so much, were having a great time chatting and joshing until I ran into a guy holding a bouquet. I was pushed onto the ground, and the bouquet fell as well. The beautiful red roses, accompanied by some blue ones, scattered all over my body.
"Oops, I am sorry..." The man apologized, starting to remove those roses from earlier, while my friend was helping me to stand up again.
"Wait. There's one next to your feet." Before I knew it, my friend had already picked up the blue rose and handed it to the guy.
"Thank you, maiden." The man smiled politely. "And the lady standing near her, would you mind if I ask about your name?"
"Me?" I hesitated, but before I could said anything, he frowned and immediately continued. "Oops, I should tell you my name first, shouldn't I? Man, where are my manners?" He sighed, which made me shivered by his exaggeration." ...OK, my name is Oregano Ender. And yours?"
Frankly, I was a little confused by this weirdo, who seemed to enjoy himself so much, but I gave him my name anyway. "Roxanne... Roxanne Whitman."
"That's a beautiful one, isn't it?" He smiled again, "Well, sorry for not seeing you in the first place. I hope that you didn't get hurt because of my carelessness."
"I wasn't, thank you." I replied.
"Roxy, we really have to go," Denise poked my arm. "Or we'll be late for our class."
Hearing this, the weirdo, now we considered him as Oregano, stepped away from the middle of the road. Due to we were a little running out of time, I just simply appreciated for him letting us go, and then we moved on.
However, I felt uneasy. The feeling was a bit different from that black tree, the latter was rather creepy; but I wasn't sure if I had really witnessed the plant. By contrast, this person gave me a dangerous impression, his eyes were the deepest blue, as if they were going to drown me. There was something else that made me uncomfortable, but I found it hard to describe more details.
I was not even bothered to listen to what the classes were about. Until noon, Denise invited me for lunch.
"What's wrong with you? Even when you're eating, you still looked like that your brain has melted away."
"Just feeling bad because of the Oregano guy we met this morning." I explained. "He was such a weirdo. Was he an actor or something? How would someone act in such a dramatic way, unless they have just made an escape from the sanatorium?"
I stopped to shoot a glance at Denise, who almost died from laughter. "What's so funny?" I frowned, asking her impatiently.
"Nothing...Well, I've never seen you being so aggressive making comments on someone like that." She tried to sit up in the chair. "Don't you think he's cute, huh?"
"What's wrong with you?" I mocked, rolling my eyes as well. "Did you forget your contact lenses or something?"
"No I didn't. I guess maybe he's not as bad as you described." She shrugged. "You know what? I am desperate to see him again, for his nice attitude, and..."
Before she could have listed about how awesome the guy who bumped into me on the road, I immediately cut in. " OK,OK... I'll go with you, then leave you two to enjoy your so-called romance. Deal?"
She nodded, as I stuffed the last piece of my sandwich into my mouth.

('・ω・')

"I still can't believe that I follow you here to find a guy who might have gone for more than five hours." I complained, wrapping my scarf around my neck. "Even if I'm gonna die from the cold weather."
"After all, you're standing well, and have got some time being nasty." She teased. "Wait. Is that..."
As she noticed, the man waved at us and started to approach. He was in the same outfit: long-sleeved white T-shirt, black vest and a pair of ebony jeans. What's worse, his deep, blue eyes. They aren't going to drown anyone, instead they seemed like they want to devour the whole body of mine.
However Denise didn't mind. "Hi... Oregano?" She tried to ask.
Meanwhile I was disgusted by his eyes, so I quickly left the two and ran into a closest lane.
"Good, I never feel so graceful without someone staring at me..." I sighed, moving out a little bit.
Just when I was going to peek if everything's fine, I heard a horrified shriek coming from where she was.
"Crap! Denise!" Cursing under my breath, I ran out to check Denise, only to find nothing. They both disappeared.
"Jesus christ, for your sake, keep Denise safe." I prayed inaudiblely, calling for the police to come.