Chapter4: Date

What.
The.
...Hell?
I took another sip of my hot chocolate, muttering to myself.
Thirty minutes had past since when I was supposed to meet him, but he just wouldn't show up. What a morning person. I shrugged and tried to call him. No answer.
Thinking about last time I called when he was taking a nap, I was probably as angry as my mother when I caused the "Bookstore Disappearance" by the time I was 12, when I was determined to become a writer.
At that time I was obsessed with novels, and once I didn't go home before supper because of how unfazed I was reading the book, when school bus drove away.
Consequently, I got no dinner.
Pulling away from my thoughts, I promised no matter what happened, I would not let that monster destroy Denise so easily. Those who attempt to ruin my life should have it.
I jolted as seeing him walking into the door, spotted my position, and happily walked toward me as if he was exactly dating a girl.
"I thought this is a negotiation." I said flatly. "Still, did you get the bouquet? I wanna make sure you are prepared to pop the question at any chance."
The monster,which was in his human form, yelped sarcastically. "Oh, my bad. I must be too excited to remember."
I rolled my eyes. Fixing my glare on him, I noticed his upper arms which were covered in bandages. "What's that? Did you get involved into some catty fights?"
Some of his bitter laughter escaped from his mouth. "Well, yes, if I was a cat then everything became perfect."
I frowned. "What does that mean?"
"Guess?" He raised an eyebrow.
Still frowning, I supported my head with my palm, growling something meaningless.
And it dawned on me. "A family fight."
"Uh-huh." He smiled in agreement. "My brother seemed to be pissed because what I've done recently, and we had a 'little'..." He shrugged on the word 'little', looking away randomly. "...argument, and that abusive freak punched me, so, yeah."
"Well if I were him, I would have already buried you in the national park." I criticized. "As long as he knows what you have done."
"No. Actually he doesn't care." The monster grinned mischievously, leaning in a little bit. "He was simply unhappy about me biting his ankle."
"In which way? Kidnapping his girlfriend?" I asked, eyeing him curiously while having my drink. Not to mention that he had a brother, but they did punch each other. Imagining two slim, big, white monster fighting... what a WWIII scene.
Smirking, the monster mocked, "Well, I thought there would be a negotiation."
"It was you that started this." I protest.
"And that's why I'm so deadly: familiar, sweet, and skillful... wait."
He suddenly paused, and asked nervously. "Haven't told you what my official name is, have I?"
"You're some kind of herbs from the mountain." Not tending to answer him directly, I teased. "A joyful mountain."
"So I used the Oregano one. Hmm."
"Now I assumed 'Jokesalot' is one of your false names." The man snorted in disagreement. "Nah, that's a lame one your poor brain could only come up with."
"Then tell me, Mr. Wisest. What did you get?"
He looked around cautiously, as if making sure nobody eavesdropping and whispered.
"My formal name is Sexual Offenderman, Smexy for short. Recall anything yet?" He winked naughtily, like a boy planning on a great prank to get some laughter.
"Yep. A creepypasta. Unfortunately I knew the thing, don't be so disappointed for that, Mr. I-am-superior." I laughed off when a shocking look flashed across his face.
"At least I'm famous." He protested.
"I don't care about how many people know you." I took another sip, in a more victorious attitude. "I care about the negotiation."
"Not anymore." He smiled bitterly. "Thanks for so much distraction to progress our 'dating' ".
"You're welcome, sir." Secretly laughed at his humor, I still hadn't forgot what I was there for. "OK, first thing first: did you take good care of my friend?"
"Of course, she's having fun at my place." He replied immediately, maybe a little too fast, like he felt nervous about this topic.
"Second, do you remember what we've talked about on yesterday?"
"Oh," He peeked behind him for the second time, taking out a piece of paper and started writing. "Well, I guess you mean the stupid joke, yes?" He passed it to me.
They haven't left, don't talk about the major things, or we will be screwed.
I tried to acted like I was amused by this paper and smirked, "This one was definitely an epic one! And how about..." I took the pen from his hand, replied on the paper.
In which hellhole in the world are you living in?
I gave it back into his hands.
That's when the outburst arrived.
Smexy, being called by the name which seemed more memorable to me, burst into silent laughing because we were in a coffee shop. The matters and disciplines stuff, you know it.
"Wow, that's helpful." I criticized.
The creature buried his face into his palms, trembling to hold back his laughter. "Oh, oh...my...god..." He said between his breath. "That was a perfect joke."
"Basically, I was serious."
"Hey, don't you pick up someone's horrible experience and consider them the best jokes ever." His fingers gently brushed down his blond hair, now a little messy from the joke reaction.
"Still, your joke seemed to work. They're gone." Glancing at an empty set of seats, he made a "screw you" bitter face.
"Who?" I asked.
"Some of my annoying friends."
"What?" I almost spit my drink. "How can they enter the coffee shop? Please don't tell me every of your friend turns into human and mess around with us."
He laughed. "Ha, no. Someone else helped me with this body transforming thing."
"Alright then."
"So..." Smexy, sipping his cappuccino finally, while two ocean blue eyes sparkling with curiosity are amusement. "Ask me anything. I know that I owe you an explanation."
I eyed him carefully, not exactly sure if it was OK to ask.
But I've been desperately to know.
"What do you want from me?"
He raised an eyebrow. "Girl, you know that's why all these things happened, don't you?"
I nodded, noticing his tongue went a little strict, the atmosphere grew tense.
"I need your ability. The gifted power of writing."
"What?" I was as shocked as he had suddenly written the full version Hugo's Les Miserable in front of me.
"To confront my brother." He closed his eyes, leaving out a long stream of breath.
I took another sip of my already cooled chocolate.