Chapter3: Plan

By tomorrow afternoon, I finally came up with the strategies to deal with that freak....well not really.
The most thorny problem was that according to what I've witnessed, the Smexy thing had something to do with the sudden disappearance of him and Denise, which means he was capable of choosing for here or to go, and simply kidnap me to the North Pole.
Besides, there's still one thing: The cell phone. I still could not decide whether to use it. What made me confused was that he threatened, more likely advised me not to give it to the police. What was so special about it that made he sure about the fact I am not going to hand it over to them?
I thought I know the reason, but was to stubborn to admit: He knew that the police had no alternative, maybe he even know that I was planning to meet him in person, so as to save my friend.
Distressed, I decided to call him anyway. Due to the directory had only one phone number, it seemed like the only way to find where he was now. And... hate to say this, but obviously, there was no escape now; I was totally in his control.
Waiting for response, however, as the tooting sound continued on, I hung up, unwillingly dialed again. There was still no reply, and I started to feel bewildered.
The third attempt finally succeed, but meanwhile a loud bump almost made me jumped from astonishment.
"What?"
"Oh, I'm sorry, I was... taking a nap and didn't hear your call."
The voice was Smexy himself, the normal bass, the abnormal hoarse probably from being sleepy.
"So, what is it?"
I tried my best to hold back my fury but it just won't work.
"This is the question I've been aiming to know." I replied impatiently. "Who in the heavens did I offended that you have to do all this to me?"
"It's a long story, and I don't know where to begin with. Well, you have to believe that--"
"Wait, wait. You know what? Congratulations, I'm fed up." My grip around the cell phone tightened. "You hijacked my friend, asked me to call you, and I did, only to find you're TAKING A NAP?
How is this possible? I don't even know you or why you are haunting me, if you wanna mess around with me, then just be directly against me. Kidnap me instead of getting someone else has nothing to with involved, will you?"
There was silence for a while.
And he replied, slowly. "Girl, you've really become snippy since we've met. Mind the way you speak, remember you're the one in a less pleasant situation. Maybe you still think the cops can take care of me, but, heh, no.
Unfortunately, you underestimated my strength. If I've got a hundred tricks to play with human beings, then even if FBI only know about no more than one percent of them. Do you really think I can survive by stupidly wondering around and bumping into cute girls?"
"OK, OK. Let's make this clear. I didn't intend to offend you. Imagine that a guy, like your brother or sister, was imprisoned by an outlaw, and could have been killed at any rate. When you tried to save him or her, negotiating with that kidnapper, and he said he was taking a nap? Do you think that I'm a five-year-old or you are actually trying to torture me verbally?"
Another period of silence.
"Stop pretending you're deaf. Say something. Bring her back."
"Fine. Whatever you say." The guy seemed to surrender. "Tomorrow, meet me at this coffee shop."
After the address and time was given. He immediately hung up, and I nearly heard an exhausted sigh before the disconnection.
Now my concentration was fully on the date on tomorrow. Yet it was because of that its importance of saving Denise, but mostly, the sigh.
I put the phone away and crawled onto my bed, trying to get some sleep. My eyes looks from left to right, from right to left, and I just repeated the circle until a black shadow flashed across the window.
I immediately sat up. "Who's there?"
No one answered, so I picked up a pair of scissors from my nightstand and went to check the window.
Then I saw a black tree. But this time it was AT my window, and I finally realized that it wasn't a tree. It was a man taller than 7 feet.
The black, slim trunk was actually his torso, what seemed to be branches were his limbs. Wearing a formal business suit, his red tie was a bloody color. The featureless face was pale white, so were the hands coming out from the long, long sleeves.
Surprisingly I wasn't panicked, maybe because I was tired, or because of the fact that I just met another monster. "Yo, dude." I greeted. "Hope you're fine."
He hesitantly reached his right hand toward, I looked at it and found a business card, with only a phone number written on it.
"So people these days love giving away numbers. Thanks anyway." I put it into my pocket.
The creature's hand left there, not willing to move. "Oh, my bad. I should shake hands with you?" I obliged,  after I let go, the arm slide out quietly as a snake.
Suddenly something wrapped into a present was pushed inside. A flat,  rectangle box. I picked it up, and looked out the window.
The man was gone.
I opened it, only to find a... a Pusheen notebook.
"Good. Now everyone in the world knows I like her." I shrugged, pushing it onto my bookshelf.
And the only thing that made me feel uneasy was that on the other side of the card was two simple sentences, written in scratchy, black letters:

DON'T TRUST THAT FREAK
HE IS WATCHING YOU

"Hmm." I studied it twice, putting it away as well, and crawled onto my bed.
Thinking about all of these were making me sleepy.
And I had to meet the Smexy guy, better not be late...