School. Proof That You CAN Come Back From Hell!

I started school three days later, and what do you know? Parker was there in the hall, surrounded by his friends. Three boys, two girls.

"Can you believe he fouled?!" One of Parker's friends said. He was cute. Brunette. Brown eyes. Tall. Lean.

"I know right, it's like, you're already on thin ice!" Parker said.

I walked past them and to my locker, which was only five lockers away from Parker's. What God has it in for me?

I opened it, and shoved my books (except for my history book) in it. I slammed my locker shut, and looks at my phone. Fifteen minutes before class starts.

I looked over to where Parker and his friends were. I had a group of friends like that in Ocala. Well...not like that. We were all major nerds. But we were best friends who talked, and laughed, and annoyed the people around us.

"That guys a bitch."

A locker suddenly slammed next to me. I jumped and looked around to see a girl. She was short, with shoulder length brown hair, and glasses. She was curvy, and wore a baggy P!atd shirt, and ripped jeans, she held a history book against her chest. I laughed.

"Believe me, I know." I said. She pushed her glasses up her face.

"History?" She asked, nodding her head at the book at my side.

"Yeah." I said.

"The teachers a jackass." She said, and turned around, walking away. I stared after her, she looked over her shoulder at me.

"You comin'?" She asked. "It's better to get through hell fast." She said. I jogged to catch up with her.

"I'm Gemma by the way." She said.

"Sawyer." I said.

"You just move here?" She asked. I nodded.

"From Florida. Ocala." I said.

"My Dad lives there." She said.

"Cool." I said. Basically what all teenagers say when they don't know what else to say.

The history teacher even looked like a jackass. With a brown suit, and pudgy belly, with barely any brown hair on his head.

I sat in the back with Gemma, and tried to listen as the teacher, who's name I learned was Mr. Bell, droned on about ancient Egypt.

By the time class was over, I knew all about Hatshepsut, and how some Egyptians put black stuff around their eyes.

As soon as I walked out the door with Gemma, I forgot, like, 80% of it.

"If your even a minute late to his class, you get written up." Gemma told me as we walked back to our lockers. "And it's the first class of the day!" She exclaims.

"That sucks." I said.

"Tell me about it." She muttered. "What do you have next?" She asked.

"English." I said.

"I've got PE." She said.