Breaking Boredom, Feet, and Dumbasses

I wondered why it was always barbecues, and picnics.

    Just once I would like to go to a social gathering where they have fucking sushi, or taco's, or sushi and taco's. Maybe a sushi taco. But noooo instead we get freshly grilled hotdogs and hamburgers, made bye middle aged men, or half-soggy sandwiches made by middle aged moms.

    At least you can always count on the occasionally funny stories of old guys with law degrees.

Actually, some of them were pretty funny. Others were pretty boring. And I know what you're thinking...I'm just a sixteen year old brat. Well, you're right.

   I had no intention of staying any longer than strictly necessary, but mom and dad had other ideas. They stayed, and chatted, and got into deep political conversations with other lawyers, whilst I stood in the corner of the Brown's backyard, wanting to be anywhere but there.

   You know when you want the ground to swallow you whole after doing something embarrassing, or when someone is yelling at you? It's like that, but without the embarrassment or yelling. Yeah. This thing was so boring I literally wanted to be swallowed up by the earth and into its crust to the unknown.

"Hey, man, I'm so freaking bored right now." Parker came up next to me, slumping against the wooden fence with a sigh.

"Not my problem." I said, continuing to read Morgan/Reid fanfiction.

"What are you reading?" Parker asked, trying to see over my shoulder.

"None of your business." I said, side stepping him. He leaned against the fence again, sighing dramatically.

"I can't even go upstairs and play Halo because my mother said I had to be 'hospitable'. It's not right! Making a poor child be hospitable for four hours!" Parker said dramatically. Drama queen.

   And with that thought, 'Drama Queen' started playing in my head. At least it was a catchy song.

"We should put hotdogs under the chocolate fountain." Parker said. My head jerked up.

"There's a chocolate fountain?!" I asked, looking around frantically.

"Yeah, over there." Parker said, pointing over to a small round table, with a chocolate fountain on it, surrounded by marshmallows, strawberries, and cut banana's.

"How did I not notice that before?!" I asked, shoving my phone in my pocket, and running across the yard over to the chocolate fountain. I heard Parker running behind me, as I started getting marshmallows on a toothpick.

"You should be on the track team with legs like those." Parker said. I tried so hard not to take that as a flirty comment. I really, really did. But there's only so much you can do when a hot guy (no matter how annoying, and jackass-y) says you have good legs

"Only for my food." I said, biting the marshmallows off the toothpick, trying not to get chocolate all over my chin. Me being me, I failed miserably.

I threw away the tooth pick, and picked up a cocktail napkin, quickly wiping the chocolate off my face. Well that's attractive.

"Let's ditch this place." Parker said.

"I thought you said you had to be hospitable." I said, eating the chocolate covered banana slice off my tooth pick.