Demons Who Text, Dancing Lamps, and Bruce Campbell Being Bae

The entire car ride back to the Brown's house was silent. Parker was acting strange, his knuckles white from his clutch on the steering wheel.

"Why do you hate Gemma so much?" I asked suddenly, thinking back to their less-than-friendly exchange. It was the only possible thing that could have made him mad.

"I don't hate Gemma! I absolutely loove Gemma!" Parker said in a false, high pitched voice. I frowned at him.

"I'm being serious." I said. Parker grumbled, and didn't answer for awhile.

"Gemma and I are like cat's and dog's, alright? We just don't get along...it's not in our nature." Parker said.

"No, no...there's something else." I said. "You don't just "not get along" you hate each other." I said.

"It's none of your business; alright?!" Parker suddenly exclaimed.

"Okay, okay, yeesh!" I said, putting my hands up. I'll just ask Gemma later. I thought, and mumbled under my breath, taking out my phone, and opening the tumblr app, scrolling through it until we arrived.

Once we pulled in, Parker instantly got our of the car, and walked inside, not saying anything further to me. I saw my parents, as well as the paramedics out front, and walked over to them.

"How was the mall with Parker?" Mom asked as I neared them.

"Weird." I said. "Let's go."

Mom looked at me strangely, but didn't object as we walked over to the car.

I didn't know what to think about Parker's outburst, and decided not to dwell on it. We weren't friends. It didn't matter.

But two minutes into the car ride, I knew that I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it until I got answers. So I took out my phone, and texted Gemma. Asking her the same question I asked Parker.

Y do u and Parker hate each other so much? -Sawyer

Bc he is a insufferable arrogant prat with no concept of love -Gemma

Yah but y do u feel so strongly on the subject? -Sawyer

We just do okay -Gemma
Just forget it -Gemma

I frowned at the screen, putting away my phone. There was something else going on. Something happened between them that neither of them want to tell me...I couldn't really blame them. Parker didn't really like me, and I had only known Gemma a couple days, although I can readily say that she is one of the best people I have met so far.

But what I didn't understand was why they were both so touchy about the whole thing. It was like they didn't even want to think about what happened, if something did indeed happen.

I wondered if Gemma would eventually tell me as our friendship grew...

My thoughts were interrupted by my ever lovable mother, who turned around in her seat to look at me.

"Parker seemed angry when he slammed the door to his house...any idea why?" She asked me. I shook my head.

"I don't know...maybe his favorite football team lost." I said. Mom laughed.

"Okay, don't tell me." She said, putting her hands up and turning to face front again. I sighed, and took my phone out again. Sharon had texted me.

We texted back and forth for a while until we arrived back home, and I got out of the car, ready to just go inside, and flop down on my bed and sleep. It was times like this when I wished I had a boyfriend to just lay on the couch with. God I sound like such a pansy...hallmark channel, look no further! Your sappy main character has just arrived!