Your lips are soft

Khloe is hunched over the couch with her hand in my face when my eyes open. I'm flushed with embarrassment and fear. My sister caught me kissing, I'm so screwed.

"Aw you guys are like....adorable" She throws her head back and lets put her annoying laugh that I'm 100% sure no one can stand.

I nervously glance in Laytons direction. His face is pretty much paper white, contrasting nicely against his flaring cyan blanket covering his body. Khloes yellow catches my eye and I look back at her.

"Dad was here" She was distracted by her phone when I said it but after the words came she put her phone down and looked at me.

"What?"

"He was here, not too long ago, he wanted me to go with him"

"To where?"

"I don't know, he seemed to be in a hurry" She reaches over the sofa and grasps my shoulders. Her pale blue eyes stare at me with urgency.

"Evelyn where did he want to take you" I shrug her hands off of me and turn my back to her.

"I don't know Klo, I already said that" She steps back and begins to pace behind the couch back and fourth with her middle finger knuckle in her mouth. She always did that when she was thinking hard, ever since she was little.

"That's so weird, why would he come here? Why did he break into the damn house??" She paces back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. Then she stops "You can't tell mom, she'll freak out"

"Yeah I know, I'm not stupid" I shoot back. Layton clears his throat. I forgot he was sitting there. My face turns bright red and I slowly turn towards him.

"I am. SO. Sorry, this is like the most awkward thing ever, oh my god, talk about bad timing am I right?"

His face is just as red as mine and his color is fluttering, almost quivering.
"It's-uh- it's fine, no biggie"

I turn back to Khloe

"Uhm, were going to keep studying....I wouldn't worry about dad coming back, Layton saw him..we have a witness you know?"

Khloe lets out a short snort "dad isn't going to commit a crime Eve, but yeah I guess you can get back to 'studying', say hi to your daddy principal for me Layton" she walks up the stairs to her room and I hear the door shut

I glance back at Layton, he's gone from bright red to a light pink, his color was more stable.

"...your dad? Is the princ-"
"Yeah, he is. Is that weird for you?"
"No"
"Okay"
"Why would it be weird"
"Because we're......friends?"
Friends? I just kissed you but okay, I move the conversation forward.
"Yeah and?"
"Well if you ever come over it'll be like being at school"
"I doubt that"
"Ok"
"Cool"
"Yeah"

We sit there in silence for a second up against the bottom of my couch on the floor. I feel him look over at me, I turn my head and we make eye contact for a second before he looks at the ground again.

"Your lips are soft"
".....thank you"
"You're welcome"