11.

hours later, the doorbell rings as i sprint downstairs to answer it. to my surprise, it's neither one of our expected guests.

"jace?" i ask, looking at him.

"hey. my mom's making me get out of the house, so i came here with xander and noah. oh, and you and noah, huh?" he taunts.

i step away from the door so he can come inside.

"yeah, me and noah. i can't believe it took you so long to get me to meet him," i respond, closing the door.

"yeah? i don't know, i've never pictured you together. you're so different, y'know?" he says, turning around and looking at me.

"well, i never pictured you and isabela together, but we know what happened there," i retort. i don't make eye contact with him, but i feel his brown eyes on me like hundreds of daggers.

"when are xander and noah getting here?" i ask, breaking the brief silence between us.

"noah was in the bathroom and xander was waiting for him when i left, so shortly," he responds, walking into the living room, sitting down.

i cross my arms and slowly make my way to the living room when the doorbell rings.

i uncross my arms and pick up my pace as i approach the door.

"hey!" xander says, stepping inside. noah walks in behind him, smiling at me.

"hey, this might be weird since we barely know each other, but follow my lead," noah whispers in my ear. he takes my hand as we walk away from the entrance of my house.

nate walks downstairs, seeing noah and i and jace stands up and walks to us. when jace is looking at us, noah kisses my forehead and i smile at him. i realize how good lucking he is, his pretty smile, eyes, jawline and fluffy brown hair to top it all off.

"lovebirds, huh? i didn't know you guys saw each other when i wasn't there," jace says, his eyes darting between us.

"well, when you first had us meet and when i saw her in person, i knew i wanted to see her alone," noah responds, squeezing my hand.

jace nods and it appears he isn't skeptical at all.

unless he's playing with us just to make a fool out of us.

--