15.

once at the car, we all immediately get in, sean bragging about his position as shotgun.

"hey, why are you in a rush?" he asks.

"isabela and jace are coming too, but they're taking an uber," ella responds.

i plug the address into the GPS, driving away from the studios. i drive as fast as possible to get to lemonade, hoping to beat the 'lovely' couple.

we get our food and pay, sitting down at a table near the back, with high hopes if they do arrive, they won't find us.

"i don't know what jace sees in isabela. sean, you're a guy, what do you see in her?" ella asks, sipping her strawberry lemonade.

"nothing," he says. we all look at him and he shakes his head. "ok, not nothing, i hate to say it, but she's hot. i'm guessing that's why jace likes her. he goes for the looks over everything," he says, "oh, mags, i didn't mean anything by that, i mean-"

"no, you're good. with a body like her's, she can get any boy she wants. maybe even girl," i respond.

"oh please, you're much more gorgeous than she is. not only your looks, your character. you're so sweet and kind, funny, smart, the list could go on!" riele says, putting her hand over mine.

i give her a sympathetic smile.

my phone vibrates and i peer down at it.

jace
not gonna make it to lunch

"we're safe here, they're not coming," i respond.

smiles of relief light up on everyone's face.

--