Chapter Five

Hi, Here is the next chapter in Bleeding Out. I apologise for taking almost a year to continue it but I'm back and will try to update more regularly. Now this story is going to start linking to 'The truth Behind The Lies' and 'It's True...My Life, The Lie' from now on, so expect mentions of Rima in it.

Enjoy :)

Chapter Five

It was still around me. The wind quietened to a bare murmur, barely rustling the leaves that surrounded me. The luminescent light of the moon glittered down upon me from the gaps in the trees. All was still, the animals slept. Life was on pause during this rare peaceful night.

Sighing softly, my head dipped back as I gazed up at the sky. Stars twinkled above me, each providing me with some guiding light. Softly, I treaded on. Walking through the thick underbrush of the land my hands raised on either side of me. Rough bark kissed my fingers as I traced my hands over the trees I passed.

I shouldn't be out here, I thought dimly, aware that if my parents found my room empty they would be less than pleased. More frightened than angry I knew. But I could never understand how they could resist. The power that welled within them, the allure of the land that possessed me to explore, how could they fight it constantly? How had they never given in? Never had I seen my mother or grandparents walk through the forests and let their gift shine.

They did not teach me it either. I was forced to learn it by myself. To study my power through my connection with the land. My Kekkei Genkai. It was a rare one. Though I supposed all Kekkei Genkai's were rare though others had larger families to wield it. We did not. The land was our Kekkei Genkai; we harboured a connection to it stronger than any other. It listened to us, obeyed our wishes and with it some animals complied too.

I did not know the name of my power. My parents would not tell me. They were not impressed that I insisted on being a shinobi. But I felt the need, like the earth was warning me. I needed to know how to use my gift, how to fight and protect them. I had too.

That's why I walked on, pushing deeper into the forest. Around me the leaves flickered slightly and branches bowed down before me creating a path. Guiding me forwards. There was something they wanted me to see.

Two trees laid before me, thick and strong they were older than the others. Pausing before them, I leaned close and rested my palms against the bark of both. I shivered, a gasp escaping me as multiple feelings soared through me.

The hairs on my arms rose as my eyes shut and within the confines of my ribs, my heart began to beat quicker. I could feel my blood pump up my body and down my arms, could feel it rise in my cheeks staining them pink as the power of my Kekkei Genkai rose up.

The two trees before me shuddered and their bodies began to move. Not from the roots, no they remained solid but the trunks of both of the trees curved away from each other, creating a space that allowed me to walk through without breaking contact with them.

As I passed on, I slowly tugged my hands away from their touch, and where at our connections moss had gathered and slide over my skin. Turning to watch, I looked on in awe as the trees shuddered once more and slowly straightened back into their original position.

Smiling at the sight, I twisted away and continued on through the forest, letting the trees guide me. Over me, the moon provided little light but I was not afraid. I was in my homeland, no one would find me or hurt me here.