Chapter Four

Hi :)

Sorry for the wait but here is the next chapter. It's not the best, I know. But it's leading up to something big :)

I just thought I'd let ye know that I've started a contest regarding my other Naruto fan-fiction story, about Rima, if any of you all would like to check it out. There is a chapter in the story dedicated to it, called 'Not a Chapter but Author Question'. If any of you are interested but would rather do it with Moriko instead of Rima, let me know :)

Happy Holidays and enjoy :)

**********************************************************************************************

Chapter 4

Moriko

Time passed by so slowly and painfully in the dark underground home of Orochimaru. I was forced to the ground to sleep, Uchiha had been kind enough to give me another blanket. Since our brief encounter he’d been distant. Not that I was complaining or anything, I didn’t want to be on the receiving end of another Sharingan attack.

Though it frightened me with him being like this. It meant that he was up to something. Gnawing on my lip, I cowered back into the corner of the room away from his direct sight. He hadn’t spoken, though I could tell he rarely did. What was bothering me the most was the fact that when his gaze would rest on me, it sent shivers down my spine.

My wounds were healing a terribly slow pace. Without the ability to access my chakra I couldn’t hurry them along. Wincing I absently rubbed at the large wound on my chest. My eyes narrowed at the thought of what Kabuto had done to me. I was still lacking clothes beneath my blanket, even though I thought that about five days had passed.

It was completely mortifying each and every time Uchiha returned to the room and looked at me. It was like his eyes could see through the material of the blanket and see me. Naked. Shuddering, I hugged the blanket around my body more as I curled my legs up to my chest protectively.

My mind drifted off to better times every chance I got to mentally slip away from the hell I had been thrust into. Each night I prayed that my friends were alive and ok. Each night I prayed that Darui-sensei was looking for me. That he was trying to find each of us. Surely, Raikage-sama wouldn’t abandon us so quickly. Even Bee-sama cared for us. We were his lovable subordinates, Radu and Lyon being the ones to actively partake in his rap battles and contests.

My family, the thought hit me and I squeezed my eyes shut tightly. How could they be coping with this? How would they react? They weren’t shinobi. They hadn’t even wanted this life for me. They’d been worried about anything that could happen to me on missions since I became a genin and now their worries came true. I had been captured, by Orochimaru no less.

None of my family trusted Shinobi let alone wanted anything to do with them. When I had insisted on enrolling into the Academy they’d been repulsed and against the idea. My grandparents more so than my parents. It was shortly revealed that they’d been a part of the Third Shinobi war and more than that they’d lost a child in it. My aunt had died in battle and immediately after the war, my grandparents cut all ties from the Shinobi of the village. They pulled my mother from her team and forced her to quit.

The same couldn’t be said for my uncle however, he walked out of the family and remained a Shinobi. He would rather that life than a boring one. I was the same. I wanted to be able to fight and protect my family and my village. But now, now a part of me agreed with my family’s wishes. That part of me wanted to go back in time and agree with them.

Look what I’d gotten involved in. Look what shit I’d thrown myself into. More than that, why, why had Raikage-sama given us this mission? He was always overly cautious of anything involving the Akatsuki so why had he sent four chunin to check out a potential Akatsuki hideout?