Chapter Two

Hey! Here is the next chapter of my Sasuke fan fic! XD

Comment,

Vote,

ENJOY!!

***************************************************************************************

Chapter Two

My body froze, limbs locking in place as the branches holding him in place dissipated and the world around me turned red. Panic slammed into me as my heart hammered in my chest. I could feel it, I could feel each chamber in my chest opening and closing rapidly fighting to get blood flowing all around my body.

Struggling was useless as the branches that had been holding him slithered over and wrapped around me, the bark scraping and cutting into my skin. My eyes squeezed shut, whimpers rose in my throat as I heard him stride over.

Fear latched onto me, coating my skin in sweat and forcing my breaths into shallow pants. Fingers clenched tightly, causing my nails to rip into my skin.

He stopped before me, so close that I could feel his breath on my cheek. The air seemed to shimmer as his hand rose. Cringing back, I shook my head, eyes still closed tightly. Fingers grazed my cheek and I flinched.

The fingers latched onto my chin and I stilled, they gripped tighter and pulled on my face. My eyes flashed open in shock, meeting his blood red gaze.

A scream lodged in my throat as I watched them swirl and my body erupted into flames.

Gasping, I surged up into sitting place breaking the nightmare his terrifying gaze had captured me in. Beads of precipitation dripped from my forehead, damping my hair as I panted and clutched the blanket to my chest.

Just a dream, I thought to myself trying to calm my raging heart. Yet I could feel the tingling of fire that had licked at my skin back in that clearing. I could hear my own pleading screams echoing within the confines of my battered mind.

Shivering at the remains of the dream, I sighed heavily and slumped against the wall. Why was I being tortured by this?

My eyes drifted around the room before landing on a shadowed figure that stood in the doorway of the bathroom. I tensed, my legs curling up ready to run if I needed to.

He leaned there casually, without a care and for all purposes looked harmless. But I knew better. I knew what laid behind those emotionless onyx eyes. I’d just recently felt the effects of their jutsu. At the hands of his brother.

Without my consent, my body reacted to his presence. My frame began to tremble and I huddled in my blanket, my eyes widening as he straightened. Shrinking where I sat, I tried to make myself as small as I could.

But on the inside, I was mentally cursing myself. Why was I acting like this?! Why was shying away from him?! I shouldn’t be doing this! I was a ninja, why was I acting like a scared child?!

But I was scared. I was so very afraid. I was lost, isolated and powerless. I had no idea whether my teammates, my friends, were alive and being tortured at the moment or if they were dead.  

“What did you say?” he spoke.

It was so unexpected, so sudden that I jumped and released an undignified yelp of surprise. My eyes whirled around to gawk at the now silent Uchiha. Had I imagined it? Had he spoken to me?