Chapter 4

Anita:

I ran through the woods in a wide circle as I checked the boundaries of the pack's land.

I felt Alec's shock and panic and slowed down to look in his head. He was chasing someone who he thought was in danger. I shook it off.

I liked being outside, where I could be free. I longed to be outside the pack, running wild, though. Even though its been a year I don't trust the pack. I'd rather destroy them all, except the children, but Alec would be upset and I don't want that. I can't stand being crowded by people and surrounded by all kinds of scents. It always set me off and I would end up attacking them, not that I cared in the first place. It was why she let herself be locked away in the attic.

I just wished that Alec would stay with me at all times and that way he would be safe. My wolf and I are very territorial over Alec. After the 6 years in captivity, I no longer trust anyone, even if their intentions are good, they could be lying.

Alec doesn't want to be isolated, though, and he wants friends. I shook my big wolf head. Why couldn't he just be satisfied with me? We are twins, after all, we should only need each other.

My ears pricked up at the sound of something crashing through the woods and the sound was soon followed by the scent of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and winter fresh mint.

It was the same scent from Ben's office. Yes, I say "Ben", I refuse to acknowledge the bastard, who is trying to take my brother away from me, as my Alpha.

If it was the scent from his office, then it must be one of the stranger's from the other pack. I growled in anger. I know damn well that Alec told him the rules, what the hell was he doing out here? And coming at me.

I ran in the opposite direction before I ended up attacking him. It did nothing. He just changed direction and continued to follow me.

He was hunting me?!

I stopped and spun around just as everything became red.

Red seeped from the soil at my feet, it dripped from the trees, and cries of anguish filled the air, echoing in my ear.

A gigantic wolf ran through the brush and collided with me. I wasted no time sinking my jaws into its shoulder as we went down.

I tore a chunk out of him and he cried out in pain. Blood poured from the wound and stained his sand colored fur.

He looked at his wound and then whined at me. He lied down on his belly, trying to show me he meant no harm, but I wasn't going to fall for it. I lunged for him and ripped out another chunk from his wound.

I was barely aware that my wolf was in the background calling out mate, but at the same time she had become just as fucked up in the head as I was and was calling for his blood, believing that he would betray us.

He howled in pain and growled as he got into a fighting stance. He was done with his antics now. His bones popped as he shifted back to human form.

"Shift!" he said, I growled and began circling him.

"I said shift!" he said in frustration. I stopped in front of him and crouched in preparation of pouncing.

"SHIFT!!"

I jumped at him, going for his throat. Before I could latch on I was hit from the side by another wolf.

I slammed into a tree and was on my feet just as fast.

It was Alec. He crouched over my mate, protectively. Fear went through me. Mate had a clear shot at Alec's belly, he could easily kill him without Alec knowing.

I barked at him.

"Mate," the man whispered in disbelieving shock.

Alec looked at him in shock, which then turned into amazement, disbelief, then finally pity.

He looked at me.

Stop this, Anita, he said through the link.

Get away from him he's going to hurt you, Alec! I said and shifted trying to find away to get to my mate without hurting my brother.

No, he's not, he said.

Don't believe his lies! I'm going to kill him and then his Beta! I shouted.

You will not harm my mate! he snarled.

Look at you! They already brainwashed you! I snarled.

He looked at me with sorrow.

Anita. I'm sorry, he said.

I breathed in relief. He was realizing his mistakes, now.

No worries. I will always forgive you, Alec. You can help me kill them. I will never let you get hurt ever again and as soon as you realize you don't need this pack and only need me, I will wipe this place out of existence for their deceit and we can go live on our own, I told him, happily, we will never be hurt or betrayed ever again.

Anita, he started.

And if you wish we could show them that we won't ever take their shit. We can become their rulers, if we rule then we are untouchable. Of course, we'll have enemies, but we'll work on them until they cannot stand against us.

He sighed and I started towards him to comfort him, when I felt a prick. I looked down at my arm to find a tranquilizer dart sticking their.

My vision became blurred and the last thing I saw was my brother in his human form with a sad guilty expression on his face.