Chapter Eight

(Lillian's p.o.v)
I grabbed my gun and gripped it tighter as we walked through the sewers. "God this is disgusting," I mutter stepping around god knows what. Sam laughs from in front of me. "This is not a laughing matter, god damn..." I start to say but get cut off by a loud bang.

* * * 6 hours earlier * * *

I sat up in the motel bed, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I try to get up, but Dean pulls me back down. "It's too early," he mumbles burying his face into my neck. "We need to work on the case," I say, not really wanting to get up either.

"Lil, come and help me for a sec," Leah says from the table across the room. "Coming," I mumble getting up. I walk over and plop down in the chair next to her. "What?" I ask sleepily. "Hey, watch your tone, and I need to talk to you. So get dressed," she says. I roll my eyes. "Yes mom," I say jokingly.

I get dressed and we walk down the street to a small walk-in diner. "So what was so urgent that you dragged me out of bed for?" I ask as she orders our food. "I need to tell you something," she says seriously. "What?" I ask worriedly, she's never serious, so it bothered me. "I...uh...I like..." she mumbles. "What?" I ask looking at her confused. "I like Sam," she says louder this time. "Awe," I say as she grabs our food.

"Oh hush," she says laughing. "No, I'm serious. You guys would be good together," I reply. "Really?" She asks. "Yeah, but Dean told me his last relationship didn't end to well," I say as we head back to the hotel. "What happened?" She asks after a bit of silence. "I don't know," I reply as we walk in the door.

"Don't know what?" Dean asks as I set the food on the table. "What kind of monster were dealing with," I say covering up our conversation. Dean gives ma a look I call the 'we'll talk about it later' look. I nod slightly as I hand him and Sam their food.

"So basically people are killing themselves, but in a way to where they'd already be dead before they finished killing themselves?" I say confused. "Pretty much," Sam says, his face stuffed with food. "So I'm thinking shapshifter," Leah says sitting next to Sam, who's scrolling through his laptop.

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking from what the wife said as I talked to her," I say sitting on the bed Dean and I slept in. "Would it be in the sewers until tonight? Because it can't wander around looking like someone who's already dead," Dean asks. "Unless they already have their next victim," Leah says

"So it kills and picks out its next victim in one night?" I ask tossing my trash into the trashcan. "That's what I'm thinking," Sam says. "But how does it choose it's next victim?" Leah asks. "Well we know Mrs. Danials was cheating on her husband," Sam says.

"And that Dr. Reynolds was addicted to pain medication," Dean says. "So he kills people who commit crimes?" I ask. "That could be anybody," Sam says. "Unless the two were involved," Leah adds. "That doesn't give us any clues as to who's next," I says sighing. "Then we're going to have to create a situation that will attract it to us," Sam says.