chapter 16

Emily’s point of view

“So, what you’re telling me is that this waterfall is connected to the underground?” Perrie asked.

“That is correct” Walter nodded.

“And that this is the source of our main water supply?” Danielle asked.

Walter repeated his actions.

“And that this waterfall was created by the owners that your grandparents served, who so happens to be witches?” I asked, clearly not believing him.

He just nodded as his reply.

The girls and I looked at each other, clearly not convinced.

Walter sighed. “They would have been normal people if it wasn’t for them.”

“Who?” Perrie crossed her eyebrows.

“No one knows their names. My grandfather mentioned that the girls called them “witch doctors” and “coated men” things like that. The girls were taken by the group that have been around for centuries. This group take innocent people, and would do things to them. They would torture them for years, so that they wouldn’t know what was happening to them. They would find ways to fill their prisoners with things such as DNA, to change them. The girls mentioned that the group had discovered something from an UFO site, which could give people power. So, they injected it into the girls. Without realizing that they would be able to gain powers, like a witch. They escaped, and have been the only ones, recorded, to have escaped” Walter explained.

I froze at his explanation, feeling myself go cold.

Witch doctors? Coated men? Or maybe, in this day and age, white coats? Is my dream linked to this?

“Did they talk about any successful experiments?” Danielle asked.

Walter paused for a moment. “The girls mentioned that there was one successful experiment. But, he passed away because they starved him to death. It took him a few years before it was visible, but he became a human-bird mutant.”

My eyes widened even more. Did this have anything to do with my dream?

“Emily? EMILY!” Danielle shouted, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

“Huh?” I looked up at her, confused.

“You were gorming out love” Perrie chuckled.

I blushed, embarrassed. Note to self, stop spacing out!