Prologue

Annie Rodriguez was a normal 12 year old girl. I mean, she did have a twin brother, which not a lot of people have. She also had 8 best friends, but they weren't girls, they were boys. Yeah that's right, boys. She didn't consider herself girly. I mean, growing up with 8 boy friends and a twin brother? It's hard to be girly. But the thing is, she didn't wanna be. She loved being one of the guys. It was great. All 8 boys were nice and accepted her the way she was. I know, I know, I'm talking about these 8 boys and you all are probably thinking, "Who are they?" Well these 8 boys were definitely not a bunch of boys you'd see hanging around each other nowadays. They were definitely out of the ordinary. Their names were Timmy and Tommy Timmons, Bertram Grover Weeks, Scotty Smalls, Michael "Squints" Palledorous, Hamilton "Ham" Porter, Kenny DeNunez, and lastly, Annie's best friend since she was 3 years old, Alan "Yeah-Yeah" McClennan. They were all on a baseball team her brother, Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez had made. They had let her onto the team right away. Some of the boys such as Timmy and Tommy and Bertram didn't want her on the team, but the rest wanted her on either because she was Benny's sister or because they were girl crazy. Things soon escalated when she found out that one of the players had a huge secret crush on her...