Chapter 2

Yeah-Yeah's POV

"I know." Annie said, in a tone that mocked Benny's. Although she was panting and sweating, she still looked beautiful. I never told anyone this, but I liked Annie. A lot. She was my life-long best friend. She was smart, funny, artistic, althletic, nice, and hot. I wanted to ask her out, but I was afraid of what Benny would say. He'd probably say no...

I decided that I'd confess my love to her that day. I wanted to tell her so badly, and now was my chance. It was boiling hot outside, there was no way we could play ball in that kind of weather. Everyone argued with Benny about how hot it was outside, and I pulled Annie aside.

"Annie...I need to tell you something." I said.

"Sure thing Yeah-Yeah...what's up?" she replied.

"Oh no...it's something...private..." I said quietly.

"Oh. Okay!" she said.

I took her aside and behind a tree. I didn't want any of the guys to see or hear us.

"Look, Annie, I've been meaning to tell you this forever, I just was nervous." I said and sighed.

"Well, you can tell me. Whatever it is, I'll be fine with it. I mean, we are best friends." she said with a smile. That smile. I loved it.

"Okay...here goes nothing...I like you. A lot. Like, more than friends. More than best friends. I kinda sorta love you. Okay, I really love you." I blurted out. Her mouth hung wide open and her cheeks were turning bright red.

"That's awesome!" she said excitedly.

"Why? Huh? How?" I asked, very confused.

"Because I kinda sorta love you too. No, I really love you too." she said happily.

"Really?" I said, a surprised, yet excited look on my face.

"You bet!" she replied.

"Well then, there's something I've been meaning to do for a long time too..."