Chapter 3

--Annie's POV--

(from where I left off in the last chapter)

"Why don't you do it then." I replied.

All of the sudden, Yeah-Yeah leaned in and kissed me. Was I dreaming? Was the Alan "Yeah-Yeah" McClennan really kissing me? I couldn't believe it. I kissed back, and I know this sounds really cheesy, but I felt butterflies in my stomach and sparks in the air. I wanted that to happen for so long, and the fact that it actually did made me die of excitement inside. I had wanted to tell Yeah-Yeah forever, and he did it first, which I never thought would happen because I didn't think he liked me. But it did, and I'm glad.

We finally pulled away after about 10 seconds, but it felt like a lifetime.

"So...what are we now? More than best friends?" he asked me, those beautiful green eyes staring into my dull brown ones.

"Yes, of course, that is, if you want to be." I said, looking at him innocently.

"Oh babe, I've wanted to be forever." he replied back, smiling big.

"Well, it's settled then. We are now officially more than best friends. We are boyfriend and girlfriend." I said, blushing a deep dark red. I know I was super red, because I felt my cheeks getting hotter and hotter by the second.

"Oh yeah! It's finally happening! Annie Rodriguez is my girlfriend!" Yeah-Yeah screamed.

"Shhhhhh. The boys'll hear you." I said, putting a finger on his mouth.

Then, to our luck, the boys came rushing over...

"What did I just hear?" said Benny. Of course he was the first to talk, he was my twin brother, but he was wayyyy overprotective.

"Uh nothing..." I said, nervously.

"Yeah yeah, nothing! That's the truth!" Yeah-Yeah replied.

"I heard a certain someone scream, "Oh yeah! It's finally happening! Annie Rodriguez is my girlfriend!" And do you know who that someone was?" Benny asked, firmly.

"Um, your brain?" Yeah-Yeah questioned.

"No. It was a little fella I like to call Alan McClennan." Benny replied with clenched teeth and hard eyes.

"Hey hey, don't call me that first of all. And second, what's the matter with us being together?" Yeah-Yeah asked, angrily.

"Well, nothing really. I mean, you're one of my best friends and she's my sister. And you guys have been best friends for a long time...I just don't want you to hurt her." Benny replied, his eyes softening.

"I wouldn't hurt her, ever. I promise you, Benny. I love her. More than anything else in this world." Yeah-Yeah answered, very sincerely.