I MISS YOU

Run, run, was all in my head. Sprinting as fast as I can. Running from what you may ask? Running from something horrible called...

Life.

I stopped in front of a bridge. Underneath it is a small stream full of sharp rocks. If I jumped, I will, without a doubt, lose my life. A perfect place for a worthless piece of trash like me to die. I hoisted myself up on the railing.

I was about to throw myself off before...

"PERCY!! " A feminine voice shouted out my name. I whipped my head around and saw my lovely but sickly childhood friend Michelle.

I gave her a small grin and waved, " Hey there, Mich, ". She fumed and put her hands or her hips, " Percy, get down right now, " I rolled my eyes.

She can't possibly think it would be that easy to stop a suicidal person. There I said it. I'm suicidal.

" Why should I? The world would be much better with one less person breathing, " my grin grew wider, " Especially if that person is me, ". Mich was going to break down soon, she always does that.

" Percy, please think this thorough, people would miss you if you died, " She reasoned, eyes watering. " Miss me? Pah, that's the funniest thing I heard today Mich, " I laughed darkly.

" Obviously, it's only one in the morning! " She added.

" Tell me now, dear Mich, who would miss garbage like me? A person who has no meaning, who would miss someone like that? I know I sure wouldn't, " I countered. Tears were now falling down her eyes like waterfalls, I twitched.

Every time, she would do that. Play the guilt game. " I- I would miss you! " She shouted. I flinched, taking my silence as an opening, she continued.

" Stop saying you're worthless! You're not and we both know it ! " She had started sobbing by now. " Please stop! I'm begging you! " She begged. Literally.

She was on her knees with her hands covering her face. She was sobbing and hiccuping loudly. If you said I was annoyed you're quite wrong.

Irritated more like it.

Mich would always do that. Begging and crying. It pisses me so much. But...

She was the only friend I had. The only person who could stand my self deprecating. I trusted her and that's a fact I can't escape.

Sighing , I hopped down. " Oi, stop crying, " I jabbed her side and she looked at me with her puffy red eyes. Relief was all over her face and she didn't hesitate to squeeze the life out of me.

" PERCY YOU IDIOT! " She cried and I patted her head. " Let go of me before I change my mind, " I threaten and she immediately released me. But instead gave me punch to the head.

" OWW!! " I cried in pain, " WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! " She rubbed her sore hand and glared at me. " Serves you right. Now let's go home, " She said and extended her hand.

I reluctantly took it and we walked home while talking.

" Why do you keep doing this? "She asked me. I shrugged and dodged her question. Obviously she wouldn't let that pass and so she pressed on the matter.

" Honestly, why do you keep trying to bury yourself six feet under? " She complained and I glanced at her. " I actually have tried that before but you didn't have to stop me, it was to much work, " I informed her and she pouted.

" You have to stop doing this, Percy. It's unhealthy for you and definitely for me, " She groaned. " How is it unhealthy for you? " I asked and she rubbed her eyes.