My Guardian Angel

Once upon a time, there was a girl. She was beautiful, with her long black hair and her big pink eyes.

She was a true jewel.

But what made her special was her blood for it was pure. If it were tainted, she'd be pure evil. If it was cleansed, she'd be pure good.

For now, she is pure neutral.

####

A long time ago, there was an angel. He was adored because of his kindness, honesty and loyalty.

Any human who saw him would be mesmerized. His silver hair and kind grey eyes could charm anyone or anything.

He was happy where he was in heaven.

But that was a lie.

###

Since she's such a rare treasure, she was very popular. Unfortunately, not among her kind.

Angels and devils would fight to the death to get her. They'd attack no matter where they were. They were desperate to have her.

One day, an angel did.

###

It was cloudy in heaven that day and he was bored so the angel wanderer around.

He went to the dungeon to visit captives and talk to them. He found out an extra cell had been occupied overnight.

Curiosity getting the best of him, he entered the cell and found the girl bloodied and bruised.

The angel had to admit he was astonished by her beauty but that wasn't what caught his attention.

Her eyes dripped with tears that were tinted with red and her pulse was weakening by the second.

Acting on impulse, he used his powers and healed her immediately.

He gasped softly when her eyes fluttered open.

###

The girl awoke to kind eyes. They were nothing like that angle who brought her here whose eyes were as cold as ice.

He was beautiful and seemed unreal. She lifted her hand slowly and reached for his to see if he truly was here.

It was warm when her hand met his and she held onto it tightly. How she had longed for this warmth that this angel had given her.

Without her realising, she had started crying and was in his arms. The angel stroked her hair and whispered comforting words to her.

He told her that he was going to free her and with a flap of his wings, they were in that sky.

When they reached land, he placed her softly on the ground and gave her a soft kiss to his forehead.

' We will meet again soon ' He said and without missing a beat, he vanished.

###

The angel wanted her to be free and forgot to think of the consequences.

It was a horrible mistake but he would never regret what he did.

Every time the whip came contact with his skin, a pained scream echoed through the halls.

Red marks that would soon leave scars were left on his back. He hoped that was all they were going to do.

Alas, he was wrong. So foolishly wrong.

Having his wings ripped from his back made him feel empty. It was the worst pain that he had ever went through.

To make matters worse, he was banished and fell to earth.

Ever since that day, the angel was no longer the same. He was no longer kind nor honest. The only trait that remained was his loyalty.

All because of her.

###

The attacks never stopped for her. A devil appeared and had managed to scratch her a couple of times.

It went for her neck and she forced her eyes opened to prove she wouldn't give up.

Suddenly, a holy blade came from nowhere and stabbed the devil in the back.

She watched a quiver and vanish with wide eyes. Looking around, she went back to heal herself.

Only she would have noticed the shadow following her.

###

The fallen angel was surprised at how many times the girl was attacked in a day and she looked so calm as though it was normal.

It was an easy kill for him since all were weak.

One day, an angel came. He noticed that fallen angel and came up with an idea of how to make this girl follow him willingly.

The fallen angel was walking through the streets and felt something sharp in his side

He looked down and saw a dagger all the way to it's hilt and he felt sick.

He fell due to blood loss but it wasn't enough for him to pass out.

The fallen angel let out a strangled groan when the burning pain grew stronger.

A soft gasp wad heard behind him and he felt arms hug him from behind.

The girl buried her face in the crook of his neck and repeated the word ' sorry '.

She was pulled away by the angel and the grip he had in her was tight.

She struggle and kicked but he simply would not let her go.

The angel gave her an option.

' Save him and follow me or let him die but stay in this world. '

She replied with no hesitation, ' Save him... '

He let her go and she ran to him and hugged him tightly.

With a soft apology, she pulled out the dagger swiftly and he felt no pain.

He looked at her and she seemed so sad....

And that's when he realized.

' No... Please don't.... '

She gave him a sad smile and kissed him.

' This is the only way to have peace. '

He shook his head, surely there was another way.

Tears streaming down her face she faced the angel behind her.

' If you truly want me, you would follow me to where I am going. '

And with that said, she lifted the dagger and stabbed it straight through her heart.

That day, an anguished cry could be heard from Earth to heaven.

###

A few years passed and a girl finally woke from her glass coffin.

Her once bright pink eyes were now dull as they look around blankly.

With a hoarse voice, she whispered

' I'm back. '