Hold My Hand?

He fell in love with her at first sight. He was starstruck by her dark green hair and her amber eyes.

But he saw no life in her. Although she smiled and laugh, there was no light in her eyes.

He felt proud of himself for he was the only one who could bring brightness to her life.

He wanted to see her eyes light up so he wrote a letter. A short one but a letter nonetheless.

He wrote his name on top and threw it on her table.
###

She was bored. Sure, she had friends. But they never really knew her.

All they saw in her was her popularity and that's it. She wanted someone to see her for who she really is.

As she was spacing out, a paper landed on her desk. A name was written on it.

She turned to see the sender smiling at her and motioning to open the letter.

She opened it and she turn bright red.

' Roses are red, Violets are black.
  Why is your chest as flat as my back?'

She felt insulted. She knew her chest was somewhat lacking but still...!

###

He held back a laugh as he saw her reaction. It was hilarious to see her face so red.

She whipped her head back to face him and glared. He was glad that looks could not kill if not he'd be dead by now.

She held the paper up for him to see and his smile widened.

' What did you expect to gain from doing this? '

He raised his hand and signaled ' call me ' and she blushed brighter if that was even possible.

This time, he did laugh softly. She was so cute like that, glaring with a furious blush on her cheeks.

Not only that, that was the first time he saw life in her eyes.

###

From that day on, he would greet her with stupid and corny pick up lines.

In the morning, when she entered class...

" Are you a magician? Because when I look at you, everyone else dissappears. "

He earned a slap to the cheek for that.

And later during lunch,

" You know what I want for Christmas? "

She replied almost immediately, " No. "

There was no stopping him, " A date with you! "

A kick to shin is very painful.

When school was over,

" Hey, wanna go to a cafe with me? "

She glared, " I have to go now. "

His grin widened, " What time do you have to go back to heaven? "

A cry could be heard from getting punched in the guts.

###

His body still ached from all the punches and kicks he had gotten from the past few weeks.

His friends worried for him and asked him why is he still trying?

He just gave them a smile.

He continued to use puns and pick up lines to talk to her and day by day, he saw light seeping in her eyes.

He was honestly glad that his hard work wasn't for nothing.

###

She had fun these last few weeks. He would always talk to her and use the stupidest words. He made he feel bubbly inside.

He made her happy.

One day, she was walking in the park. She was simply enjoying herself in the nature and she accidentally bumped into someone.

" Watch where you're going, bitch! "

She recoiled and glared.  She muttered " asshole, " under her breath and tried to walk away.

The guy grabbed her arm and refused to let go. " You know, you're pretty cute. How about you and I go somewhere together,huh? "

She had it. This guy pissed her off so bad. " First you call me a bitch and then you're asking me out? Wow, great way to pick up girls, " She commented, sarcastically.

She gave him the finger and tried to loosen the guy's hold on her.

The guy was red with anger and lifted his hand up to strike-

SMACK!

The sound echoed in her ears and she looked up. The guy was on the ground with one of his cheeks bleeding and she saw him with his palm red.

The guy got up and shouted " Slut! " before running away.

He looked at me and smiled. " Are you alright ? "

She gave a meek nod before looking at her feet.

###

He was glad nothing happened to her. He waved goodbye and turned to leave when he heard her mumble.

" What did you say? "

She held out her hand with a light blush dusting her cheeks and said,

" C-could you hold this for me while I t-take a walk in the park? "

A smile formed on my face.

" I don't have to be told twice."