Prologue

A/N: Lol, I have a problem. I really wanted to write a new full-length, emotional fic. I've had this idea for a while. However, the slight catch it that there's no chosen endgame yet. Your feedback will guide it of course, but who knows how this could end? We wouldn't want it to be cliche. ;) Enjoy!

Prologue

It was supposed to be the best day of my life. A day to remember. The solidification of our love.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

Standing up the altar, smiling wide. Avi, Kevin, and Ben standing next to me, smiling as wide as me. And Kirstie, Esther, and Jessa waiting on his side, smiling.

All of our loved ones filled the crowd, wearing looks of pure joy.

I remembered the cacophonous feeling of happiness.

Today was the day where our life was supposed to begin. I was marrying the man I loved more than life itself. The man I would do anything for. The man I gave my heart to.

I couldn't wait to see those lively brown eyes. That breathtaking smile. My 'everything'.

We all looked down the aisle as the music picked up, filling the air with melody.

My heart pounded with an onslaught of pleasurable emotions. I was ready. This was it.

We waited.

And we waited.

The music continued to play, but he didn't walk down the aisle.

The joy was replaced with confusion. People started murmuring to each other, and my smile vanished.

As soon as Mike appeared at the end of the aisle with a look of distress, and shook his head, it felt like my world was crashing down around me.

I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder, but that didn't keep me from falling to my knees, trying to catch my breath.

And that was the last time I ever gave my heart away.

Until I met Alex.

...

It was 3 years later. It only hurt when I thought about it, so I chose not to. Instead, I focused on the present, and the future.

Things were great. I had a nice apartment with Alex, my current boyfriend, who I loved very much. I had a great group of friends.

Avi, Kirstie, Kevin and I continued singing. It was hard without Mitch at first, but we managed. We got some small gigs here and there, but we were a lot different without our tenor.

That was his loss though.

None of us had heard from him since he left me standing at the altar. Well, except for his parents. They told us that he was safe, but refused to tell us where he was, or why he never showed up.

After the called-off wedding, I spent almost two months texting him every day, even if he wouldn't text back. It was my way of coping.

It was also my way of self-destructing.

I would text him 'good morning' every morning, and 'good night, I love you' every night.

All of my friends tried getting me to stop, but I couldn't. I missed him too much, and all I wanted was for him to walk through the door and want to be with me again.

But once I tried texting him, and his phone was disconnected, I lost it. It took a while to cope with it, but about a year later, I met Alex.

It took a while, but I gave my heart to him, and he vowed never to break it, like Mitch had.

And now everything was perfect.

At least, it was.

I was lying in bed with Alex's head resting against my chest. I smiled down at him before kissing the top of his head. He smiled before tilting his head so he was looking up at me.

He scooted up so our faces were level, still smiling. He reached down and lifted my hand, eyeing the ring around my finger. Butterflies swarmed in my stomach at the memory.

It was several months ago when he proposed. I'd been so happy that I cried.

Only 2 weeks until the big day. And it would go correctly this time. Alex would actually walk down the aisle, instead of leaving me to wallow in my own misery for three years.

As soon as Alex opened his mouth to speak, there was a knock at the door.

It was Kirstie. She'd texted me asking if it was okay for her to come over. I got up, excited to see my friend who I hadn't seen too much recently.

"Who is it?" Alex murmured.

"Kirstie," I replied eagerly. He got up quickly and pulled a shirt on before following me out of the room and down the stairs towards the massive front door.

I reached out and pulled the door open, ready to greet her, but as soon as I looked from Kirstie to the person standing next to her, my smile fell.

Despite the physical differences, I recognized him in a heartbeat.

His hair was longer, and the side of his head was shaved. His face was cleanly shaven. He was slightly thinner.

But in all, he was still the same.

The same man that I used to love.

The same man that broke my heart and never bothered to make sure that I could pick up the pieces on my own.

A/N: Sorry if this is shit. Please comment? :* Stay fcute!