Conflicted

A/N: Hello there my lovelies! Here you go. More of this shit. It's a short chapter, oops. Enjoy!

Chapter 4

I drove home with watery eyes, afraid to face Alex. I had to tell him what happened, but I couldn't. I didn't want to hurt him.

I had to tell him.

I wrung my hands nervously as I paced back and forth in the room, and Alex sat on the bed looking up at me with a worried expression.

"Babe, I promise I won't get upset," Alex coaxed.

"Yes you will," I choked out nervously.

He sighed, "Just, sit down and we'll talk this out."

I exhaled slowly before sitting next to him and staring at my lap. I played with my fingers, trying to stall this conversation for as long as possible.

"He wasn't ready to be tied down. I wasn't enough for him. He said he was sorry and all of that other bullshit. And then he kissed me," I explained before looking at Alex, "It was an automatic response to kiss him back. It only lasted a second. It was an impulsive thing. I'm so sorry. I love you so much," I rambled without taking a breath.

He reached out and placed his hand against my cheek, softly, as he looked me in the eye, "Hey, breathe, ok?"

I took a deep breath and nodded, "I'm sorry," I whispered.

He pressed his lips together and nodded. "I know. I mean, I'm not thrilled about it, but I'm not mad at you. You're in an emotional state. If anything, I'm mad at him. He knew you were emotionally vulnerable, and he took advantage of that," he explained.

I sniffled before looking down. Surely Mitch would never intentionally take advantage of me. He had to be emotional as well, right?

I mentally scolded myself. I shouldn't have been defending him.

"You probably shouldn't see him again," Alex suggested.

He was right.

I leaned forward and kissed him passionately. Once I pulled away, I smiled at him, "I love you," I promised.

He smiled and pecked me on the lips, "I love you too."

...

I took a deep breath as the wedding march was played, signaling everyone to stand.

It was finally happening. For real, this time.

A large smile formed on my face as Alex appeared at the end of the aisle.

He smiled back, before his father lead him forward.

My heart pounded with excitement as he came closer.

It was supposed to be the best day of my life. A day to remember. The solidification of our love.

But apparently, I was never gonna get that.

Alex came to a stop and looked at me sadly. My eyebrows knitted together as I followed his gaze to the area in front of me.

I flinched at the familiar brown eyes staring up at me.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

I could hardly remember how to breathe. I shook my head, "No. This isn't fair," I protested.

"Scott," Alex murmured sadly.

I looked at him with a look of guilt.

"Please, I miss you. I know you miss me too," Mitch cut him off, pulling my attention back to him.

"Stop," I exclaimed as I clamped my hands over my ears.

"Scott, I love you. Why would you choose him over me?" Alex questioned as he came closer.

Mitch looked at him before looking back at me, "You don't love him as much as you loved me, and you know it," he informed me.

"Don't listen to him. I wouldn't hurt you like he did. You know that," Alex protested, closing in on me as well.

They were too close. They were too loud.

They kept talking, and I couldn't take it.

I gasped as I shot up awake. I breathed heavily as I looked down at Alex, fast asleep.

I took a deep breath before climbing out of bed. I ended up in the living room, pacing back and forth, phone in hand.

I mumbled to myself, incoherently, as I did so.

I felt exhausted, but I didn't want to sleep. I didn't want to dream anymore.

I shouldn't have done it, especially not at this time, but without hesitation, I was calling Kirstie.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?" She muttered, tiredly.

"Can I talk to him? Please?" I asked shyly.

She was silent for a moment, "Are you guys making amends, or are you self-destructing again?" She interrogated.

"Please, Kirstie," I pleaded.

"Okay, okay, let me wake him up," she replied.

"Thanks," I murmured.

If felt like forever before I heard his voice.

"Hey, are you okay?" He questioned, worry etched in his tone.

"I wanna talk," I blurted out.

Silence.

"About what?"

I shrugged uselessly, "I don't know. But...I wanna see you," I choked out.

"Scooter, it's 1 in the morning," he reminded me.

I looked down sadly, "Right. Sorry. I just..." I trailed off with a deep sigh.

"Hey. We can meet tomorrow, alright? You should get some sleep," he advised.

"I can't. Can you come over," I offered desperately.

He chuckled humorlessly, "I don't think Alex would appreciate that very much. That and you told me to stay away from you," he pointed out.

We sat in silence for a few moments as I stared at the floor.

"I wanna see you," I repeated.

He sighed, "Alright. But I don't wanna have to talk with Alex, so I'll only stay over for a little bit so we can talk, alright?"

I nodded, "Thanks," I murmured, before ending the call.

I knew I would regret this, but I couldn't help the growing excitement.

A/N: Lol. Comment.