Repressed Memories

A/N: Hello there my lovelies! Thank you for your positive feedback on the first chapter. Two updates in two days. It must be the apocalypse omg. This story should be fun. I don't know what's gonna happen, it's like a mystery. Enjoy!

Chapter 1

It felt like my throat was closing up, and my breathing became heavy.

Those familiar brown eyes looked at me sadly, and an onslaught of emotions came rushing.

"Scott?" Alex asked worriedly as he put his hand on my shoulder.

Mitch's eyes looked up at Alex, and they only seemed to sadden more, before he looked back at me.

He opened his mouth to speak, but I didn't want to hear it. I couldn't hear it.

"No," I cut him off, "I...I can't..." I choked out before turning and heading back up the stairs, desperate to get away.

I barely made it down the hallway before I collapsed to my knees. I let out uneven breaths as I squeezed my eyes shut.

I exhaled slowly, before tuning into the conversation at the bottom of the stairs.

"I think you should go," Alex stated sternly, yet politely.

"Please, I just want to talk to him," Mitch pleaded.

"You've had three years to do that," Alex pointed out.

Silence.

"Kirstie, why would—" Alex started.

"He's been staying with me for a couple weeks," Kirstie confessed.

Something switched in me, and I was overcome with anger. I got up and stormed back over to the top of the stairs.

I glared down at Kirstie, "He's been staying with you?" I echoed as I came down the stairs, "Whose side are you on? How could you do that to me?" I accused.

She narrowed her eyes at me, "There are no sides, Scott. Do you really think I just let him waltz into my place without reprimanding him? I wouldn't even let it be final until he came here and made amends," she explained.

Mitch looked down sheepishly as I averted my glare to him.

I scoffed, "So he's only apologizing so he has a place to stay. Great," I retorted.

"No, I'm here because I want to talk to you," Mitch stated meekly.

I shook my head, "No, that's not fair. I've moved on. I'm finally happy again. You can't just come in here and bring up these repressed memories. I'm getting married in two weeks, for real this time, and I don't need this. I just want to be happy, ok? And I can't do that if you're here. So do me a favor, and just...leave," I ranted harshly before turning and heading up the stairs again.

Minutes later, I was sitting on the bed with my knees pulled up to my chest.

Alex came in and sat next to me. I leaned into him, melting into his embrace. A sob forced its way out, followed by countless others.

...

It felt like I'd been awake for years, just tossing and turning repeatedly. Images of his face assaulted my mind, and I couldn't fall asleep.

I sighed in defeat before crawling out of bed, making sure not to wake up Alex. I moseyed over to the closet before reaching to the top shelf and grabbing a box.

I carried it silently out of the room and down the stairs to the dining room. I set it down, and just stared at it.

This was a bad idea, I knew that.