Tom- Kingdom #2

Day Two

I was awakened by Beatrice, our helper. I groaned, looking at the clock '8:30' it read, making me groan even more.
I hated how I wasn't allowed a lie in, not once. The latest was 8:30. I guess it's kind of a lie in.

-"Tom has a new name, Princess" She said with a smirk on her face, while handing me my daily tablet I took for my anxiety and other things.

I took the tablets from her hand and gulped it with a water- "What is it, Beatrice?" I asked.

-"Prince" She replied, taking the glass out of my hand and placing it on a wheeling tray. She watched my confusion turned to realization before leaving my room, closing the door behind her.

It takes at least 3 servants to help with putting on the dress I have to wear for breakfast. How I would love to just run down in my pjs, smell (favourite cooked breakfast) and even help make it. But no. I MUST wear a dress at all times, have my hair neatly tied up; but loosely falling hiding my ears, and wear heals. Although, I shall not moan. There's people out there that would kill for my place, so I'll be grateful.

~
When I got downstairs Tom was already sat at the table with my mother, father and siblings. I was dead on time, but because they were sat down early I was apparently late. Great, now mother will be in a mood with me all day.

"I'm not late, mother!" I said, not yelling but slightly raising my voice.
We were eating breakfast when mother's scolding at the table annoyed me to the point I couldn't take it anymore. I placed my silver fork and knife down- "Now, we have a guest so let's talk after breakfast"

-"You see what she's doing, Peter? She's turning it on me" She whined, as if she was 5 years old.

I felt embarrassed. She's meant to be the queen of Mallowlake, yet she's acting childish. I glanced at Thomas who had stopped eating, already watching you.

-"Honey, She's just being mature" Father stuck up for me, at last- "Now, my wife is very poorly. Reason why she's so paranoid,Tom"

Lies. All they can do is lie. Now to make matters worse my siblings are now compulsive liars too.

~
My fingers made a rhythm on the piano, making beautiful music. Trained since I could remember, it's bought me nothing but smiles.
I came to an halt, stopping when I suddenly felt a presence in the door way.

-"No, please. Carry on" Tom said, watching from the distance.
I turned, a playful smile rising

-"Prince" I said, his eyebrows raising.

-"Prince?" He questioned, looking around him.

-"Yes, you Thomas" I replied, standing up and heading towards to where he stood.

-"Princess, are you feeling okay?" He asked, Concerned.

-"Why you ask? Because I called your prince?"

-"No, I feel tension between you and your whole family" He looked at me concerned with those beautiful eyes of his.

My smile dropped to professional- "I have no idea what you're talking about, prince" I paused, he opened his mouth to talk but I interrupted him- "It's 10:20, Shall we see how dinner is doing?"

~

I didn't really give him much of choice, but he wanted to see anyway.
If I were to tell him about the truth about this family it would ruin us.

In order to get downstairs we had to go down to the basement. It's cold down here and I feel very sorry for them having to work down there. I gave them permission to use the cooker as a heat source soon as I found out how cold it was; of course mother doesn't know.