love? #4

*unedited for now*
Day four

A loud bang caused both Tom and I to jolt awake. Somehow we managed to go from me laying my head on his chest, to us both being sprawled out; yet we kept our hand clasped together. At first I thought my maids had made the noise, but when we looked there was no one but us in my room. Then, I heard my mother's and father's voice from downstairs. They had just got home from hospital.

My heart began beating too fast, suddenly the whole room span. I was having a panic attack over the thought of my mother. I didn't get to see her yesterday after the bear attack, so I knew I was going to be verbally beaten by her.

Tom quickly picked up on my uneasiness and squeezed my hand tighter.

- "I'll be right by your side..."

I sigh, although my breathing and heart has calmed; the worry hasn't.

- "Y/n, what are you so afraid of?" Tom asked. I know that he had been thinking about asking that question to me since the day he arrived.

"My mother has her ways of bringing me down. Whenever I feel like I having climbed a massive mountain, she builds another right in front of me."

"You know..." Tom began- "There's a Miley Cyrus song that would help which that..."  We both laughed, louder than normal.

"Yeah, maybe I'll play it while I'm being yelled at."

Tom and I got out of bed to start the day. Before he left, Tom helped me into my dress and tightened my corset. He was about to walk out after saying 'You're welcome', but I brought him into a hug. His arms wrapped around me tightly, making me feel safe and warm.

"Would you like me to go downstairs with you?" Tom asked as he pulled away.

"Yes please, I'll finish getting ready while you are."

I hadn't noticed my hand was still on his arm, that our eyes never left each other and both us silent for awhile. I quickly pulled my hand to my side and played with my hair.

"So, see you then..."

Tom nodded, exiting. His cologne still in the air, making me dizzy. The lust inside me made butterflies in my stomach and my heart felt like it was dancing.

--

Tom and I stood at the top of the stairs, no one waiting at the bottom. I breathed in a deep breath and Tom grabbed my hand, squeezing it tightly. I gave him a reassuring smile and then we let go of each other's hands.

My mother was in the main living room. She looks like she hasn't slept at all, but still, she had energy to fidget in her seat. She heard my heals click against the wooden flooring, her head snapped up to see me and Tom standing awkwardly under the door frame. Mother stood up, walking towards me, I cringed in my head as the thought of her piercing yelling. More importantly, I was waiting for the slap across the face. But none of that happened. She pulled me tightly into a hug. My body was stiff, I haven't felt a motherly hug in years and I'm unsure how to react. She pulled back, brushing my face with her hand, tears building up in her eyes.

"My precious girl..." Mother sobbed.

"Mama?"