Chapter Three: Welcome to the Nest

So anyone know what is going on? Wally thought as he looked around the main tent.
I think..its initiation. Kaldur also looked around as all the members of the circus filled in around Robin who's was at a table with bowls assorted with all different contents of what seemed to be paint.

"These new recruits wish to join. Do you say we let them!?" Robin announced to the crowd and they gave a loud uproar in agreement. The teen raised his arm to silence the crowd once more." Then let us begin!"

The teens lined up side by side, looking uneasy over what was happen next.

Robin looked at the assortment of paints, pondering before he stuck his fingers in three different bowls before walking slowly to the team and stopping at Roy. " You have good eyes. And accuracy." He commented before wiping his painted fingers across Roy's face giving him one brown, black, and red stripe under his right eye." Welcome to the Nest, Hawk. Go on and join your new family."Robin smiled a bit, before wiping his hands clean.

I could work with hawk. Roy thought before stepping into the crowd, getting millions of pats on the back.

Man I bet I get the coolest name! Wally thought, trying to keep from vibrating with excitement
Robin got new paint and moved in front of Kaldur. " Strong yet graceful." Robin reached out and did the same thing he did to Roy, but this time the colors were gray white and blue. " Welcome to the nest, Crane. Go on and join your new family."

Kaldur nodded slowly, walking towards where Roy was standing. He seems to have thought these names out more than I expected, I am impressed.

Next was Wally, Robin stepped in front of him, giving the redhead a welcoming smile.
Guys is it just me , or is this is so cool!? Wally was grinning from ear to ear.
"Energetic one aren't you?" Robin noted " quick with your words as well." He pressed his fingers against Wally's cheek, brown,red,and yellow. "Welcome to the nest, Hummingbird. Go on and join your new family"

Artemis let out a small snort, trying to suppress a laugh Oh god that is too fitting!
Wally glared at Artemis but walked beside Kaldur and Roy , sulking a little.
Next was M'gann "Gentle, humble, and kind hearted." Three different hues of blue stripes on her cheek. " Welcome to the nest, Bluebird. Go on and join your new family.

Next was Connor with stripes of black white and yellow " Strong and willful. Welcome to the nest ,Condor. Go on and join your new family."

Condor sounds a lot like Connor. At least you won't get confused Supes. Wally smiled and patted Connor on the back.

Artemis stood alone now and Robin walked up to her. Adorning her cheek with black grey and white stripes " Cunning and crafty. Welcome to the nest, Mockingbird. Go on and join your new family."
The crowd cheered loudly, surrounding the team and lifting them up in celebration, while Robin disappeared into the shadows.

-------
Author's Note
So yeah this is where it gets good! Now that the team is under cover they get to learn more about Robin through the other birds (members). Once again thanks for reading, this is my first fanfiction and I am REALLY nervous about it sucking. So it means a lot when I see people are actually following along with it.
Haha in a random note I was going to make Artemis 'Mockingjay' but unfortunately it's not a real bird. Oh well. Sorry the chapters are so short! They will be getting longer now that I have The basics down.
-PRingleader_Robin