Chapter Five: Undercover

Robin showed the team around the many tents that were set up, making jokes and pointing out a few members and what they did. "This here is Peacock." The teen gestured to a tall older women with olive skin and black hair. "She will be in charge of helping you create your outfits for your act, which brings me to the paint on your cheeks. Every member here has a color scheme they must follow, but other than that you can go wild..well as long as Peacock here can create it."

"I have yet to meet a challenge I could not do."The women nodded slightly looking down at robin. Seriously she was like two of him. " You can visit me tomorrow with your ideas. I still need to mend Cardinal's outfit from when she caught it on fire."

The team gawked looking to robin for an explanation.

"Fire breather" Robin stated simply

"Hot" Wally smirked

Artemis rolled her eyes and elbowed him in the ribs again.

Robin laughed and shakes his head. "Tell Cardinal not to burn down her tent again. If she wants to do large flames, she can do them outside." Robin looked back to the team. "Any questions about costumes?"

"I have one. Why are you the only one here that is wearing a mask?" Connor asked bluntly.

The smile on the teen ringleader fell and the air was silent for a brief moment before he put back on a smile and shrugged it off. "Well, You see I am always doing my act, juggling around tasks and whatnot. I guess I just believe the show is never over when it comes to me." He waved a bit for them to follow. "Now let me show you where you will be sleeping."

He danced right around that question like it was nothing. Roy frowned a bit and looked to superboy What do you think Connor?

I think he is definitely hiding something.

--------------------------------

Days went by and the team was still trying to fit into the new group. Artemis and Roy got their own mini act for the circus, which will be going on three days from now, meaning they have to find on what was going on before that. Kaldur and Conner were helping with acts that were running low and member either do to illness or injury. They were assigned to help Woodpecker in his act, Which was all on Equilibristics ( acrobalance and chair balancing mostly) For such a muscled and bulky man, it was incredible what ballance he had. Wally ,through much begging on his part, was assisting Cardinal in her fire breathing. She even taught him a few tricks that he could do in the show. Which left M'gann on her own, and yet to where she was going to fit into all of this.Megan felt left out to say the least.

Robin seemed to notice, that M'gann was watching Connor and Kaldur helping Woodpecker carry some heavy boxes into the main tent. He slipped beside her and cleared his throat, causing M'gann to jump. "Come with me." He gently grabbed her arm and led him to a tent right next to the main tent. "You don't look very traught." He gave a kind smile before sitting in a chair.

M'gann looked confused, but slowly nodded, sitting next to the young leader. "I don't seem to be fitting in anywhere. I feel.."

"Unwanted?" Robin filled in the blank and M'gann nodded glumly. Robin leaned over and placed a hand on her shoulder. "How about you join me for part of my act? Of course you won't be able to do all of it but, it is always nice always nice to have a partner.

M'gann frowned a bit more "You are the ringleader. You have an act?"

Robin grinned and nodded and removed his hand from her shoulder before replying. " I do the trapeze. And something about you makes me think that you like being in the air, so what do you say?" M'gann managed a small nod before Robin bolted up and dragged her to the main tent. "Then let's get you started on the basics.