Chapter Twenty-Five: Five Days

"Uh...what?" Wally blinked, looking completely confused. "A wedding? Whose wedding?" KF looked at Robin, not quite sure where this was all going.

"Sparrow's of course!" Robin beamed. "Sparrow and woodpecker are finally tying the knot and I was asked to be the best man." The young hero chuckled. "Of course you are all invited too..you are still part of the family."

"So that is why we have the week off?" Roy asked, frowning a little. Did they really need a whole week to go to a wedding."

Robin nodded. "Circus weddings are a little different than your traditional wedding..for example, the celebration lasts five days."

"Five days!?" Wally gasped.

"Five days of joyous celebration. Circus' are flashy and so are their weddings."

"So you have had other weddings at your circus?" M'gann asked, always infatuated with the idea of romance and wanted to hear the stories. Of course she never had the opportunity to actually be in an Earth wedding..she has seen it on TV with the beautiful white gowns and a handsome groom...M'gann glanced towards Superboy, mind beginning to wander and daydream before her face went red and quickly looked away before any of her other teammates could notice.

"Well yeah... I often hosted them actually, planning the whole thing... they were all asterous." Robin grinned, remembering a memory of one of the prior weddings where Swan and Loon got married. Being the prankster loon was, Dick could not help but pull a joke on the unsuspecting groom, it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. Luckily it was only day one of the wedding, or else Swan would have probably killed him.

"So why five days?" Artemis asked, tilting her head slightly.

"Well there are five things that are celebrated and they are separated into days" Robin explained a bit. "The first day celebrates friendship... It is basically like a day long bachelor and bachelorette party. This is the day where we just let loose and party until you regret it the next morning."

"You sound like you had that experience of regret." Kaldur chuckled a little bit, listening to the enthusiasm that the young teen spoke with.

"Well one day tried firebreathing with Cardinal and instead of spitting out the spirits..I drank them." Robin's face reddened a bit. "The rest of the night was a blur..but from what I hear, I was one hell of a singer. I was called 'Robin the Song Bird' for months after that incident. I am afraid even to this day that I could never live that down"

Roy struggled to keep himself from laughing, trying to picture a drunk Robin standing on a table and belting out some song. "Well what is the second day?" Screw it, Roy was now interested and there was no point on trying to hide it considering he would be joining in the festivities.

"The second day is the day of Past..mostly story telling of how the couple met..or what their firsts thoughts of each other where...As well as other people's sides of the stories...it is a very touching day..all gushy and what not..not my favorite day." Robin chuckled a bit..He could only handle so much love stories in his lifetime and most of them were taken up by this day.

Connor laughed a bit, shaking his head, imagining Robin correcting everyone on how the story actually went and humiliating the groom to the point where their face would be red. "And the third day?" The wedding already seemed crammed pack with fun, the Kryptonian was curious what other possible things one could celebrate.

"The third day is family." Robin smiled a bit. "And considering the whole circus is family, all the members perform a special act or skill for the couple. It is just a reminder that everyone is connected and supports the wedding."

"Wait, If we go..does that mean we have to perform?" Wally grinned.

"Obviously..you ARE family after all. Of course, you could partner up and perform something together if you do not want to do a solo act."

"Cool, maybe I could do an act with cardinal again!"

"You would have to ask her" Robin shook his head and laughed a bit and his teammate's eagerness.

"What is the fourth day?" M'gann asked, thinking this whole celebration was romantic. If she were to have an earth wedding, she would definitely want a Circus wedding.

Robin grinned. "The fourth day is my favorite day, because it is the calmest of the days. The fourth day is the day of love. Basically everyone leaves the couple alone and they go on small dates or you know...whatever." Dick laughed at the red faces of M'gann and Wally, it was priceless. On the brink of tears from laughing too hard, Robin continued, his voice shaking from laughter at first. "It is the simplest day of the celebration, but is also the most important. It gives a day for the couple to wind down and relax before the fifth day."

"And the fifth is?" Connor asked

"The fifth day is the day of union..the day the actual matrimony commences. It is less formal then one would think though..it is awfully quirky on many levels..but it has all the components of a ceremony." Robin chuckled. "Well that's all there is to it... Anyways you all better start packing"

"When are we leaving?" Wally asked vibrating with excitement.

"Tomorrow morning."