PONDER

The cold wind is blowing against your figure, and you shiver. You think that maybe being outside wasn't a good idea after all... but it was the only place where you could get your thoughts together.

It has been a while since you fell down Mt. Ebott. When you first woke up, you met a golden flower, who went by the name of Flowey. Yeah, that did not end well... At least a goat mom saved you. Toriel didn't take too kindly to you trying to leave, though. To be honest, what did she expect?

As much as you enjoyed her motherly presence, making it back to the surface was your number one priority.

The skeleton brothers appeared shortly after you left the Ruins. They were very... interesting in your opinion. The taller one, Papyrus, made you solve puzzles and insisted that he was going to capture you (he didn't). Sans, the shorter of the two, watched from afar.

After all that happened, you somehow managed to befriend both of them and hung around them most of the time. They even offered their house as a place to stay for the time being, and you accepted.

You squat down with your knees near your chest and rest your arms on your knees. You think about your family on the surface. Did they notice you were gone? Did anyone notice you were gone?

...

If you go home, would the skelebros miss you?

Of course, Papyrus would.

...

Would Sans?

You blush at the thought. You've been here way too long that you started developing some complex feelings for the lazy skeleton, and that might be a bad thing.

He was such an enigma and, you love a good mystery. Not only that, his protectiveness was such a turn-on. Did you just think that?

...

Maybe you should find a way home before your feelings escalate any further for a skeleton... but he's not just a skeleton, he's THE skele-

You look down at your feet and realize in your dazed stupor, you absentmindedly drew Sans' name with a heart surrounding it in the white snow.

"Heh, so this is where you were."

Recognizing the voice of Sans, you quickly sat down on the heart.

"Wanna go to Grillby's?"

You were flustered and mentally punch yourself for it.

"You cold or something? Maybe we should go inside," he continues, "or are you just chilling out here?"

Goddamn his stupid puns you love them.

You roll your eyes.

"Hey, I thought it was pretty humerus," he smiles.

"So, yes or no?"

You wanted to accept his invite-really-but if you stand up, he's going to see your drawing, and you did not want to explain that.

"Uh, yeah. I'll go," you manage to say.

"Okay, so are you going to get up or do I have to go over there and carry you?"

Fuck, how are you going to get out of this one...

"You go on ahead. I'll catch up to you in a few seconds," you say nervously.

Hopefully, he agrees to do it.

Sans threw you a funny look. "Okay..."

You watch him walk away and stood up, brushing away the snow on your butt. The heart is still intact, but the two S's are kind of messed up. However, if anyone were to see this, they could still make out Sans' name.

You were about to cover it with more snow when you heard a snickering.

You look up and find Sans with his signature shit-eating grin on his face.

Your own face went up in flames. "H-hey! I thought you went!"

Sans just kept grinning. "Yeah, but I came back cause it looked like you were hiding something. Did you catch a femur? Your face is all red."

The nerve of him...! He's teasing you!

You cover your face with the sleeves of your shirt.

He glances back at the drawing. "In my opinion, it's a masterpiece."

You're going to die in embarrassment if this keeps going.

"And look, I might be into you too," he mumbles.

Hearing him, you put your arms down and stare at him.

There's a faint blue tint on his cheekbones.

Is he blushing? What? How does that even work?

You smile happily and take his hand in yours.

It's quite warm despite it being all bones.

"Let's go to Grillby's."

He chuckles softly, "Yeah, let's go."

Both of you walk away from the masterpiece while holding hands.

Yes... you think you will postpone on getting home for now...

"This is going tibia great dinner."

On second thought...