T E R R O R

[ TW: 10 MILLION MENTIONS OF DEATH, ANGST I GUESS + GENOCIDE ROUTE SPOILERS KINDA, POST TRUE PACIFIST ENDING ]

.

.

.

.

.

Death by being burned alive.

Death by being crushed apart.

Death by bleeding out.

Death by being impaled.

Death by being gutted.

Death by being decapitated.

Death by being mutilated.

Death by being bludgeoned.

The deaths kept on coming over and over again. It wasn't stopping; you keep coming back!

Maybe it was a spur of the moment thing, but you just feel so damn determined. You can't see who it is, but you feel determined to get through whoever was in front of you, causing these deaths of yours. You're determined to see their death.

Why couldn't you hit them...?! Why couldn't they just stand still...?!

"What? You think I'm just gonna stand there and take it?"

This voice...

The thought almost got you impaled again.

It sounded so familiar...

You get hit a few more times, and goddamn... it hurts so much, you think, but you have to push through...! Your grip on your sharp weapon tightens.

...

"You, uh, like swinging that thing around, huh?"

...

"Listen... friendship... it's really great, right?"

...

"Let's quit fighting."

...

Suddenly, you're crying a river, and the once tight grip on your knife loosens because you finally recognize who it is. Your determination of seeing their death slipped from your mind.

"... You're sparing me? Finally. Buddy. Pal. I know how hard it must be to make that choice. To go back on everything you've worked up to. I want you to know... I won't let it go to waste."

...He gestures for a hug, "C'mere, pal."

You drop the knife, and it fell down to the ground.

CLANG.

You nearly tackle him over. Your arms are quick to wrap him in a bone-crushing hug, your face buried in the fur of his jacket. The only sound was your sobbing until you decide to voice your apologies, hoping he'll accept it even after everything you've done.

"Sans, I–"

Now, the only sound was the sound of flesh being pierced multiple times. Over and over again. Again and again. You feel the life slipping out of you with every bone repeatedly stabbing you. The last thing you see is his grin and his empty eye sockets... It's malicious and unsettling.

.

.

.

You jolt awake. Sweaty and frankly, startled, you raise a hand to wipe your forehead. Dragging it down under your eyes, you feel a watery trail leading down your cheeks. You were crying in your sleep.