4.

Nani

What was she even doing here? I didn't take my car, a bus, and two taxis to have to face my past so soon.

I didn't dislike her, I told myself that everyone there was just in my past and the past had to be let go. Yet here was a key part to my past staring me in my face. Maybe I'm not supposed to let go yet?

"Hey, I'm Caileen and you are?"

She hadn't noticed my presence since I'd quickly turned around and closed the door once I noticed whom she was. However, I was fully aware I couldn't just escape her. I knew that at any moment I would have to face the fact that she was here.

I opened the door again to accept my fate. They both turned around this time and I had no where to run.

"Nani?" And for the first time she hadn't said my name with disgust.

"Yeah. What are you-? Why are you here?" Was I all I could think to say that was nice to her.

I said I wasn't mad, but I lied. She was one of the absolute last faces I wanted to see here.

"After everything that happened, I decided I would go to college a little early this year to sorta get away."

"What happened?" Fiona asked in the back.

I hadn't noticed she was still here.

"Fiona could you leave us, please?"

As soon as Fiona closed the door I had numerous questions in my head waiting to be answered.

"Why are you really here?"

Caileen sat down on the bed that would be mine.

Note to self: Remember to disinfect bed.

"My brother he's going to college here and every since you turned in my only friend to the feds, I have no one else. So I've decided to live it up here with him. Trust me I didn't come for you."

"I didn't turn Barbra in. I only found out a few days after I left through social media."

Why was I even explaining myself to the devil? She didn't need answers but I did.

"I figured you helped your friend who did. That Mexican girl you hang around with turned in my best friend."

"Tara? Did all that? But why she didn't even like me? She hung around with you guys and left me and Alanna in the dust."

Why would she send my enemy to jail? Hell, Tara was the friend our mothers warned us about. The one who pretends to be your friend until they back stab you. We all have got that one friend.

"When Chipotle found out how hurt you were she completely fucking tripped out on us. Next thing I knew cops were at my door and questioning me on Barbra. I denied every accusation they made on her but they had enough evidence to put her away."

"Shit. So Barbra and Zayn are lockrd up because of Tara?" I was sitting by Caileen now it was so much to handle and breathe in. I didn't know rather to be happy or sad. My emotions couldn't register what to do so I sat there and starred into nothing.

"Well don't throw a fucking parade yet. Zayn didn't get thrown in jail full-time only Barbra. Barbara is in jail because of the tape she had of Tara and her teacher. Their sextape took place when Tara was seventeen which makes in a child pornography and since Barbara set it all up she's probably gonna be in there for at least fifteen years or more. Then you stack on the time she got for recording yours without permission she got an extra ten years."

Caileen's usual bitchy mood seemed to fade away. Now she seemed as if she would cry at any time. But I still had so many questions left to ask her yet, I didn't wanna push her past her limits.

"Is Zayn locked up or isn't he?" She looked up as the tears fell from her eye's. You could almost literally see steam coming from her. It almost intimidated me. Almost.

"Is that all you fucking care about? Have you not heard anything I said. My best friend is a fucking monster and she's in jail because of your god dammed side kick. Yet, all you care about is some boy who wanted to fuck you and set you up."

Caileen stood up and walked towards the door and I wanted to plead for her to stay because I had so many questions still to be answered. But I think she needed time, time to accept everything just as I did too.

She twisted the handle to the door and I called out her name. I am gonna question Caileen a whole lot more later but I had one last question that I needed to be answered.

"How come you're not in jail?" She laughed as though I told her a joke but as soon as she turned around, I could see her mascara coted face and her red nose.

"I may be a fucked up girl Natasha but I never wanted to be involved with anything that took place with either of you. And as fucked up as this may seem, you and Taco Bell aren't the only reasons she's locked up." And with that she was gone.

I hadn't quiet understood what Caileen meant. But maybe she was blackmailed to by her so called, "best friend."

"I heard what happened. Do you wanna talk about it? Because I am always ready to listen." She may not have been Alanna or Tara or even Niall but Fiona was an alright girl. Maybe I could open up to this stranger but I also didn't wanna risk being hurt again. Considering my circumstances maybe I should take this one last risk and expose my past to someone new.

And so we talked all night. Fiona learned everything you could think of about me and more. I just hope to God I wouldn't regret it.

Long wait I'm so sorry guys.

Q? Who thought it would be Caileen?

Share, Vote, Comment, & enjoy.