A Little Peek In Life

So, this is the first chapter of this story. The prologue was quite depressing but I will try to write this story as positively as possible. This story won't be a big one, I want to finish it real fast and make it short because the third story of this series is actually the important one.

This is just a filler chapter. It only represents a glance at the lives of multimillionaire Rohan and his middle class best friend Abhi.

Enjoy, fellas!

_____________________________________

(Rohan's POV)

My alarm clock started ringing and I groaned in my bed. I thrusted my face into the pillow and searched for the clock. When I got it, I threw it on the floor and it broke into pieces. The sound of the breaking of the alarm clock was like the sound of a bird singing. That thing never allowed me to spend my morning in a little peace. Just like my parents and my big brother never let me spend at least a day in my life peacefully. Everything and everyone in this house was evil.

Though I killed the alarm clock, sleep did not come to my eyes. I rolled on my back and sat up on the bed. My head was aching real bad. My college friends and I had a party last night and I drank a lot. Yah I know, I spent my father's money like breath, but my account is full of them, then why won't I? Besides, I never wanted money. I hated money, that's why I always spent them. The thing I had always wanted was love and care.

Talking of love...

I picked up a picture frame from the table beside my bed. It was heart shaped, red coloured frame. A girl with two cute dimples on her cheek was smiling brightly at me through the picture. Her eyes were showing only one emotion.

Love.

"I love you too, Shanaya!" I kissed on the picture. Shanaya Singhania was the daughter of my father's business partner, Prakash Singhania. And she was my honourable girlfriend. She was my life. In future, I was going to marry her, going to make babies with her and going to grow old together. I loved her more than anyone and anything in this world.

No, not more than only one person.

The smile which was tugging onto my lips, grew into a grin. I put Shanaya's picture on the table and picked up another picture. It was a picture of boy. He was a good 6/7 inches taller than me. In the picture, he was leaning on a wall of our college and had a smile on his lips, which was rare.

My best friend Abhimanyu aka Abhi.

He was the person I loved more than Shanaya herself. He was the first priority of my life. No one ever understood me the way Abhi did. We were friends from childhood. He was also there last night and when I was drop dead drunk, he drove me to my house. He did not have his own car, he was not at all rich. Better say, he somehow managed to feed his family for twice. He spent many days without food, but never in his life he asked me for a single rupee. Even if I wanted to give it to him forcefully, he never accepted.

I jumped out of the bed and hugged Abhi's photo tightly. Then I put it back on the table, brushed my teeth, changed into my jogging tracks and tank top, put my headphones in and went out of the massive three storeyed mansion. Nanda Mansion. My so called "home".

Our house was built within 30 acres of land. We had our own helicopter pad inside our homeland. We had a massive lawn in front of our house and I found my parents and big brother sitting there, sipping tea and talking.

I really did not want to talk to them but according to Abhi, one should do one's duty. So for my best friend's sake, I jogged to them.

"Good morning, mom and dad. Good morning, Bhaiya."( In Hindi, brother is called Bhaiya)