Heart Broken

Yah, so here's the new chappy!! Yay!!!
Himansh Kohli as Shreyan Singhania.
Howdy!! Enjoy!!
____________________________________
(Rohan's POV)

"Abhi, Abhi, ABHI!!"

The phone line went dead. I was completely frozen. My mind could not wrap up around the incident that just happened.

My best friend just had an accident. My Abhi just had an-

"Rohan, what's wrong?" I heard Shanaya asking me. When I did not reply, she put her hand on my shoulder.

"Rohan! What's wrong? Why are you standing like this and staring into nowhere? Goddamn it Rohan, answer me and for the love of God, stop pulling your hair."

I did not know anything. Whatever Shanaya was saying, I could not understand what she was saying. I felt the Earth pulling me towards the ground. I tried to fight it, but I was just too tired to do it. I slowly let myself go and let the Earth consume me. I sat on the floor with my two hands buried in my hair. I felt so heavy that I felt like collapsing then and there. Never in my life I felt the gravitational pull so much.

"There's no such thing as the gravitational pull, Rohan. It's always the geometry of Einstein, that means the curve." Abhi would say when I would talk to him like I knew everything about physics.

That Abhi, my best friend, just faced an accident. And I heard the whole thing. The roar of that car, Abhi's yell, the collision and- then the line went dead.

"Rohan? Rohan!" I heard Shanaya's soft voice in front of me. She was sitting in front of me, my phone in her hand. I stared at my phone for some times, then I looked at her. She stroked my cheeks. I didn't even realise that I was crying. No, I wasn't crying, it's just I couldn't control the tears. Shanaya cupped my face.

"Someone called you. He said that they were taking Abhi to the City Hospital. We should go."

"I-I can't, I can't see Abhi l-like th-that-" I clutched Shanaya's hand.

Abhi was perfect. In nature, in studies, in behaviour- in everything Abhi was the definition of perfection. Every time I faced some difficulty, Abhi would be always there for me. He took care of me. He knew me better than I knew myself. He had always been my supporting rock. I was always so depended on him.

But now, Abhi was in a vulnerable state. He was injured, he was helpless. And because of that I felt helpless. I was so depended on him that I didn't know what to do now that he was depended on me.

I did not know how to take care of the person who had always taken care of me.

"No Rohan, you have to. If you don't go to him, who will? Of course his family will come, but right now, he needs you the most."

Shanaya was right. I could not be afraid. Abhi needed me. And like him I will always be there for him. He had always had my back. Now it was my time to have his back.

I almost flied to the parking lot and jumped on the driver seat. Shanaya followed me and sat on the passenger seat. I put my key in ignition and slammed the gas. Like a mad man, I drove out of the college.

The road, shops, houses, people were passing like a bizzare by my side. My heart was hammering like crazy inside my chest. Many possibilities were coming to my head. What if he got too much injured that he is impossible to repair? What if he broke his two legs and doctors say that they have to cut them out? What if he got paralysed? What if-

What if he does not make it?

I could feel my vision getting blurry. I could feel a new lump in my throat. Every now and then Abhi's smiling face was coming into my head and my heart broke into pieces. I clenched the steering wheel so tight that my knuckles turned white.