The Party

I would like to tell that since now on I can't update soon, because my entrance exam is coming and I have to study hard for that. But still I'll update when I'll get time. Thank you!

Siddharth Malhotra as Abhimanyu Singh(Abhi)

Enjoy!

_____________________________________

(Abhi's POV)

I tried to fix my hair, but there was nothing to be fixed. Just a little quiff, and it was good. It was cut short, so I really did not pay much attention to it. I was in my dad's old wedding tuxedo and my black boots. I took a look at myself for the last time.

"Abhi!" Mom called, "Are you ready, 'cause Rohan's car has arrived."

I nodded and when I understood that she probably could not see me, I groaned internally and gave her a quick positive answer. She was not my real mother, she was actually my aunt who took me in after my parents' death. And by "dad" earlier, I meant my uncle. They were all I had, well, apart from Rohan and uncle Ravi.

"Oh my God, just look at you!" Mom came in, wiping her hand at the end of her sari. She stroked her hand on the tuxedo, then put her right hand on my left cheek.

"You grew up so fast, Abhi! I feel like it was yesterday when your dad and I brought you in this home. You were everything we needed, we craved for. And now, you are all grown up like a man! My big boy!" She chuckled while stroking my cheek affectionately.

"I'm only 19, mom." I smiled at her.

"Still you can't smile fully, Abhi. It's still only a twitch on your lips."

We heard the car honk twice.

"Well, go now, big boy and save your man!" Mom squeaked. I tried to hide my blush. My parents well knew my feelings towards my only best friend. I headed towards my dad's room, gave him a quick nod and went outside.

Rohan himself did not come, he never does. His parents never let him go out of their sights during these parties. So he always sends car for me. I hopped in the car. The engine roared and soon we left for Nanda Mansion.

I really did not feel like going to the party, I never do. I liked to keep to myself, doing over time in Friendship Café, studying, listening to my dad or reading books. I only go to those parties only because Rohan always needs a rescue. I remembered what he said today at college.

"Shanaya is going to come to this party. I will introduce her to you. I can't wait for the two people in my life I love the most to meet."

The pang of jealousy I felt inside my heart, made my inside hurt. Since childhood, since the day I first put my eyes on him, I knew he was my everything. He was the reason I lived, I ate, I survived, I never gave up. Only the very existence of Rohan was enough for me. I knew that he was not gay, though he never treated me different for being gay.

But unfortunately, only the thought of sharing the love of my life was enough for me to crumble down the world I made centering him. But that did not mean that I was going to obstruct him or something. If he was happy with Shanaya, then I was happy too. Because my happiness was in his happiness.

"We're here, sir."

I was so deep down in my own thoughts, I never noticed that we had already arrived. I nodded at the driver and got out of the car. I was standing in the front of the huge Nanda Mansion. In the front of my feet, a red carpet made its way into the mansion. I could spot two guards standing in front of the door, greeting everyone.