Stories

💎

Miya watched as Drake sat at the edge of the fire, lost in thought. Dang, your doing it again, I scolded myself. Stop staring! I averted my gaze to Grason, who was cooking some mutton at the edge of the fire. Hazel was reading an ancient book of spells, and Armen was bugging her about how to read mageian. It was a very funny scene. Armen would point out a word and demand to know what it said every five seconds, and Hazel had too keep explaining how it took years for a human to learn mageian. Grason sighed. "So...you going to stay awhile, Hazel?" Hazel nodded. "Well, we might want to tell you more about us, I guess." I grinned. "Hazel, prepare for the most craziest story you will ever hear!" I declared. Drake laughed. "Well, here goes nothing." Grason said.

"I'll start." Grason offered. I nodded. "My full name is Grason Grace." Grason announced. "When I was married I changed my last name to Zange. I had a wife, Anna, and a son, Percy. We were a part of The Western Empire, before it fell. When it fell...I took and hid the most treasured item of Emerald City, The Dragon Egg. It could destroy entire continents if it fell into the wrong hands. When I took it...They took my family. My home burned. I lost everything."

"Wow." Hazel said, studying Grason. "I'm so sorry." He shrugged. I could tell he was ready to cry so I turned to Drake. "Your turn." I told him. He sighed. "Yay." He muttered sarcasticly.

"My name is Drake. Just Drake. Around...five years ago, I appeared in Armen's home. I...I appeared there with a fake memory that we had bought the house together. That same night, we learned we weren't alone in the house. There was something there. We soon learned the cause. Have you.. Have you ever heard of the name...Herobrine?

Hazel blinked."You...you know he exists?"

Drake nodded. "Herobrine was in that house. Armen and I went on a long journey after that. It's hard to remember. There was a lot of danger, lot of adventure. Eventually we were separated and put in Herobrines dream world. That's were we met Grason. In an Artic base. We all...we all basically tried to stop Herobrine, but in the end, Armen sacrificed himself."

Hazel turned to Armen. "You did what?!?!" Armen shrugged. "I was so tired of the bloodshed. Of Him in general. I...I decided that was no way to live. I lost sight of what was important. I left Drake and Grason alone. I'll never forgive myself for that." Drake put his arm around Armen. "You saved us. If you hadn't of tackled him of that cliff, I don't think any of us would have survived." Armen didn't look convinced. "I only made things worse. He possessed me. Now everyone who sees me either tries to kill me, or runs. Grason has a chance people might not recognize him, but I have no chance." Grason sighed. "It's not your fault Armen." Armen sighed but didn't reply. "Ahh." Drake fell, clutching his head. I ran to his side. "Hang in there. Grason, hand me a potion." Grason turned and reached into his backpack.

"Run." Drake mumbled, barely audible, and I was slammed back and hit a tree. "Miya!" I heard Grason yell. I struggled to get up, but black spots danced in my vision. Through the haze, I could see Drake, his eyes glowing white. Crap. As I watched, he summoned a fireball and threw it at Hazel. She yelped and jumped to one side. The fireball blazed past and hit a tree, starting a fire. "Get out of him!" I heard Armen yell, his voice edged with fear. "What is wrong with him?" I heard Hazel yell. "Drake! Snap out of it!" I turned and cried out. Drake had Grason by the neck, and was holding him, choking him. As I watched, his eyes flickered. For a second, his white eye turned baby blue, and he dropped Grason. His eye turned white again, but at least they weren't glowing. He backed up in shock, stumbling over a burnt stump. Armen started to walk towards Drake, but Drake backed up. "S-Stay a-away. Please. I Don't want to hurt you." Drake stammered. Armen's voice was supprisingly gentle. "It's ok Drake. You won't hurt me. Calm down. The fear makes it worse." Drake was breathing hard. Suddenly he yelled. "Shut up!" I blinked. I never thought he'd say that to Armen. Drake seemed to realize what he said. "Oh my...Armen I'm sorry. I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to-" Drake stopped abruptly, looking panicked. Armen blinked. "Talking to who?" Hazel and Grason walked over. Grason had red hand prints on his neck. Drake winced when he saw. "I'm so sorry Grayson." Drake whimpered softly. Grason looked at Drake. "It wasn't your falt." Hazel frowned. "How is it not his falt? He's the one who almost killed you!" Drake winced. "It's not his fault." I said, glaring at Hazel. "He was possessed. That's not his falt." She stared at me. "What do you mean possessed ?" I glanced over and saw a tear slide down Armen's cheek. "This is all my falt. If I hadn't jumped..." "If you hadn't jumped we'd be dead." Grason pointed out. I nodded. "Armen, this isn't your fault. It's His fault. Not yours. Quit saying that." Hazel looked confused. "I feel like I'm missing something." Drake stood up. "I didn't finish." He said, looking Hazel straight in the eye. She nodded. "I think you should continue, then."

"A few years ago, when Armen was...possessed, I managed to trap him under a very heavy spell, lots of enchantments around it. I...I basically took part of Him out. But the spell requires that another living being take what is being taken away. I was the only one who could handle it without the spell going haywire. So, I took as much of Him out as I could, and placed it on myself. That is why my eye is white. I split Him into two different entities. Most of Him in an Nightmares body. But a small amount is....is slowly taking control of me. Over the past few months, it's only gotten worse. I fear I do not have much time left."

Hazel stared at Drake. "Whoa. I can't believe you did that. You do understand how dangerous you are now, right?" Armen glared at Hazel. "If he hadn't done that, I would be dead right now!" Hazel winced. "I suppose you didn't have a choice, if you wanted to save Armen. I don't think most people would have made the same choice, though." Drake sighed. "Ya, well... I could leave him to rot. My memory may be fake, but he's still my best friend." Armen looked ready to cry. "Your my best friend to, Drake. That's never going to change." I yawned. "My turn, I guess. I'm going to tell you right now, my story is not as good as theirs."

"My full name is Miya Belegard. I'm an archeologist. I met Drake and Grason when they were on their quest to save Armen. That's how I discovered Herobrine existed. They helped me get back an artifact that had been stolen from me. Then they told me their story. I decided to help them because it seemed like an impossible task, no offense Armen. Then I learned how dangerous their life was. In the week that I traveled with them, I had seen Catacombs, ancient artifacts and paintings, secret rooms, stealing an Empirian airship, major, full-scale battles with both The Empire and Herobrine, even went to The Magic Library, all in a week."

Hazels eyes widened. "You've been to The Magic Library?!?" Grason nodded. "Speaking of the library..." Grason reached into his backpack and pulled out a witches hat. "Look familular?" Drake grinned. "My witches hat!" Grason handed Drake the hat, and he put it on. Grason turned to me with a flower crown. "Your flower crown." He said with a smile. "Yay." I said with a smile, putting it on my head. "Aww. I want something." Armen complained. Grason paused. "Here." He said, handing Armen his black mersionary hat. "Yay!!" He cheered, putting it on. "Do I look dapper?" He asked. I laughed. "That's exactly what Grason said!" Drake burst out laughing. Then everyone joined in. "I suppose it's my turn now." Said Armen with a frown. "You don't have too." I told him. "No, I want too." He said with a nod.

"My full name is Armen Valtez. My brothers name is Collin. H-he's the Collin. From the myth. I grew up with him. It's hard to think about."

Armen looked ready to cry. Hazel frowned. "wouldnt that mean your brother is Herobrine?" Armen shook his head. "No, my brother was corrupted by Herobrine. Their not the same person." "Oh."

"I came home one afternoon and no one was home. I walked upstairs to my parents room, and found nothing but blood and a note from my brother. It said that He killed them, He was free, and I was next. Next thing I knew I was waking up with a fake memory and Drake was in the house."

"Oh my God. Armen I'm so sorry." He sighed. "It was a long time ago." Drake looked uncomfortable. Of course he was uncomfortable! He was all that was left of Colin's humanity! And judging by what Armen said, Armen doesn't know. Is Drake going to tell him?