Chapter 1

A/N: This was my first time ever writing so the first chapter isn't the best, but after this it gets better. So stick with me please! :)

Blackness...
I wake up laying in a box made of metal. I try to remember how I got here, that's what I realized, I can't remember anything about me. I can remember how to read and write and do math and other things, but nothing about how I got here, or my family, or even my own name. Seriously, what person can't remember their own name?!

I feel like I've been in this box for hours... It's so boring, and the fact that I can't remember anything is starting to annoy me. 'Well I might as well see what all is here.' I get up and crawl the perimeter of the box, 'Okay, decent size box I'm in.' I feel around and find some bags and boxes with supplies in them.

I tried to stand up because I got tired of sitting and crawling, but stand up to fast and to hard and hit my head on the top of the box. I lay down on the ground and start to feel myself drifting off, then nothing. While I'm unconscious I have these dreams, maybe they're memories? "Remember (Y/N), wicked is good." Is all I heard while I was out.

I'm starting to wake up when I realized the box had stopped moving, the red light on the wall turned green. 'Who was that woman? (Y/N)? Is that my name?'

Then a very bright light came streaming through the now open box. I just laid there pretending to be asleep, not wanting to wake up and face whatever comes next. I felt someone jump into the box with me, then I heard a boy with a heavenly thick British accent say, "It's a girl." Then I heard murmurs all around me, then I heard the accent boy speak again, "I think she's dead." I felt someone nudge my shoulders ever so slightly. I decided I'm gonna have to get up eventually, so I open my eyes and say, "No, I'm not dead." Then I stand up and look at the boy. "Well that's great." He says smiling at me.

This is when I realized that I was surrounded by a bunch of boys, at least 50. 'Why the hell am I the only girl here?' I thought to myself taking in my surroundings, which wasn't much at the moment considering my view was being blocked by all of the boys that surrounded me. "Day one greenie, welcome to the glade." The boy said to me. If I'm being totally honest right now... He's hot. He appeared to be about 17, he towered over me, he is very skinny and doesn't look very muscular, has dirty blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes that made me melt. 'I feel like I know him. Maybe I did, not like I can remember him right now anyway.'

I have a million questions that I want answered, but first I want out of this stupid box. "Hey Newt! What's going on down there?" I heard someone from the crowd say. "We'll be up in a second." The boy with the accent replied. 'So, his name's Newt. I like it.' I thought to myself before he tore me from my thoughts, "So love, want me to help you get out of here?" 'Love? No no no, no time to worry about that right now.' "No I got it." I said to him before pulling myself out of the box and onto my feet.

When I got out the boys just stared at me, for the moment I ignored it so I could take a good look at my surroundings, that's when I realized I'm trapped. 'Great.' I turned in a complete circle to look at the four stone walls that were as tall as skyscrapers that also formed a box around this place. 'What is it with this place and boxes?'

I was once again tore from my thoughts when I heard rude comments being made toward me, "I call dibs on her!" "Is she hot?" "Hey, no fair I want her!" "Maybe the creators want us to start breeding, so we can all have her." That last one made some of the boys chuckle but it made my blood boil, all the comments pissed me off. I turned toward the boys and said, "Okay listen up. I am not a piece of meat that you call dibs on or fight over like I'm nothing. And I AM NOT breeding with any of you, so don't even think about it. Now, I am very confused and upset. So if someone could explain to me what the hell is going on, that would be great."

This earned me a few snickers and quite a few glares, I looked over at Newt who had a huge grin on his face. 'God I love that smile... Wait, no (Y/N) focus!' "Out of the way slintheads!" I heard a voice yell from behind the boys. 'Slintheads? What language is this?' The boys made a path for who I assume is the leader. He is tall and dark skinned and looks as if he hasn't smiled in ages. "What's your name greenie?" "(Y/N)" "Well (Y/N), I'm Alby, the leader around here. Welcome to the glade. Newt here will give you the tour and answer any questions you have." I nodded at Alby then turned to Newt. "Alright get back to work." Newt told the boys before looking at me, "You ready green bean?" "As ready as I'll ever be." I said smiling at Newt.

'So let's go find out what's going on.' I thought to myself then started walking with Newt.

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter and it would be great if you kept reading my story. Vote and leave me a comment. See ya in the next chapter!