Chapter 19

We've been walking through the maze for about an hour now. I've stopped crying and am now determined to survive. If not for myself, then for my brother and Newt.

So far we haven't heard anything, which is very good. I just hope we don't run into any grievers.

*le time skip 2 hours*

It's been completely dark outside for about an hour now, the only light we have is what little the moon illuminates.

I hear something in the distance and stop, tugging Minhos arm signaling him to stop.
"What?" He asks.
"Shhh, listen." I whisper.
*whirr.click.click.whirr.*
"Oh you got to be fucking kidding me." I say. A griever turns the corner and spots us.
"Run!" Minho yelled. The griever yells and then charges at us, we turn and sprint off as fast as we can.

We've been running for like 10 minutes and it's still chasing us. I fell at one point and I think I sprained my ankle, so I'm in pain and not going as fast.
"Go left up here and we should lose it!" Min yelled at me, I nodded my head and went left only to be met with a wall.
"Uhh, Minho." I said confused.
"Shuck." He said under his breath. We look behind us and see the griever staring at us. All of the sudden my vision goes black.

*le flashback*

"The only way to kill the grievers is to press the button." An unknown voice says. "What button?" Another asks. "Inside of its head, you have to stab it from the top."

*end le flashback*

The flashback ends and I immediately spring into action and charge at the griever. "(Y/N) what the hell are you doing?!" I ignore Minho and grab my knife ready to attack. I run and jump high enough to stab the monster right on the head. The monster lets out one final screech before it fell to the ground, not moving.

"Holy shuck." Minho whispered. I pulled my knife out of its head and sat down on the floor and leaned my back against the wall. "How'd you know to do that? How'd you know that would kill it?"
"Memory. I had a flashback right before I killed it."
"Well it saved our asses, so I'm glad you did. But that was a really stupid move just charging at it like that, be glad it actually worked."
"Yeah, thanks Min. Now help me up, we need to keep moving. And I'm pretty sure I sprained my ankle too." He helps me to my feet and puts his arm around my waist to help keep me balanced while my arm was thrown over his shoulder. He checks his watch, "30 minutes 'til the doors open, let's start walking." I nodded my head and we began our walk to the doors.

*le time skip*

2 more turns... Just 2 more turns until I can see Newt and Tommy again. We feel the ground shake, so the doors will already be open when we get there.