Chapter 6

I wake up and look outside and see that it's daylight, I look down at the floor where Newt was and see that he's not there. 'He must've gone to get breakfast, I should do the same.' I got out of bed and stretched before quickly putting on some new clothes, which were a light green tank top, a white thin hoodie that I tied around my waist, black shorts that were mid-thigh on me, and black boots. When the creators sent me up I had a bag with two extra outfits, girl stuff, a notebook, two pencils, and a pencil sharpener. I decided that every night I would write about my day, being the only girl here and all it keeps me sane, and I use it to draw in.

I walked out to the kitchen where I was greeted by Frypan, "Hey girly." He said handing me a plate of food that consisted of scrambled eggs, a few strips of bacon, and a slice of toast.
"Thanks fry, looks great." I said smiling at him.
"Thanks girly, see ya later." He said waving his spatula at me.

I seen Chuck sitting at a table alone so I went and sat beside of him. "'Sup Chuckie." I said to him smiling as I sat down.
"Hey (Y/N), did you sleep well last night?" He asked me.
"It was alright, I just had a nightmare."
"Ohhh, what about?"
"I don't really wanna talk about it."
"Come on! Was it that bad?"
"It could've been worse, I just don't wanna talk about it okay?"
"Ugh fine." Chuck grumbled. Then Newt came and sat next to me, "Morning guys."
"Morning." Me and Chuck said at the same time. We looked at each other and started laughing and gave each other a high-five. "Well that wasn't weird at all." Newt said sarcastically.
Then Minho and Ben joined us. "What are you shanks laughing about?" Minho asked.
"Well Chuck and (Y/N) can read each other's minds." Newt said.
"No we can't." Me and Chuck said at the same time AGAIN. 'Ugh seriously?'
"See what I mean?" Newt said to a confused looking Minho and Ben.
"Aren't you two supposed to be out running?" I asked realizing that they are supposed to be in the maze.
"Yeah, we overslept. We're leaving now actually." Ben replied. And with that they both ran off, leaving me, Newt, and Chuck. "So (Y/N) what jobs are you trying out today?" Chuck asked.
"Slicer and builder." I replied.
"You have to kill animals and work with Gally on your second day here? Wow, good luck." Chuck said looking kind of sorry for me.
"Well when you say it like that it sounds horrible."
"It kind of is though." Newt said butting in to conversation.
"Thank you Newt, now I'm really looking forward to today." I said with as much sarcasm in my voice as I could.
"Your welcome." Newt said giggling at me.
"Welp, time to get to work. See you guys at lunch." Chuck said waving at us before he left. Now it's just me and Newt.
"You done eating green bean?" Newt asked me eating his last bite of food. "Yeah." I replied.
"Well then I'll walk you over to the blood house."
"Alright let's go then." We smiled at each other before we walked over to the blood house where I will have to slaughter animals until lunch. "Well here we are. I have to go so I'll see you at lunch?"
"Yeah. I really really hope that today goes by fast." He chuckled at what I said and walked away.
Let the killing begin...

Time skip

FINALLY!
It's lunch time and that hell is over with. I have never wanted to throw up so bad in my life... Well at least I don't think.

Anyway, I walk over to the kitchen, get my food, then I sit at a table alone until Newt and Chuck show up and sit on either side of me just like this morning. "So, how was it being a slicer?" Chuck asked me done knowing the answer.
"I have never felt so sick in my entire life." I reply with a disgusted look on my face thinking about the pig I gutted an hour ago.
"That bad huh?" Newt asked with slight amusement on his face.
"Yeah that bad shuck-face! It was horrifying!" I practically yelled at him. Then him and Chuck looked at each other, then at me, then at each other again.
"What?" I asked confused.
"Did you just call me shuck-face?" Newt asked with a raised eyebrow.
Ooohhhhh. "Oh, yeah... I did, didn't I?" I reply kinda shocked. I cannot believe I just used their language. A few seconds later we all busted out laughing at what I called Newt.

A few minutes later we finally stopped laughing and Chuck said, "That was shucking hilarious!"
" I know, I try." I replied flipping my hair for added affect. I am such a drama queen.

We finished eating and Newt walked me to my next job, which was builder with Gally... "Good luck." Newt said to me once we got there.
"Thanks I'll need it."
" You want me to stay and make sure that he doesn't give you a hard time?"
"No I'll be fine, but dinner better come quicker than lunch."
He giggled a little bit then I heard eyebrows start to yell. "Come on greenie we don't have all shucking day!"
"Jesus eyebrows I'm coming!" I yelled back before I turned back to Newt and said, " Gotta go, see you at dinner."
"See ya green bean. Good luck, and don't let him push you around to much."

I nodded and ran over to where Gally was tapping his foot impatiently. "'Bout time greenie, you're so slow."
"My name's (Y/N), not greenie."
"Whatever. Just help me pack these boxes of rocks and straw over there." He said pointing at some unfinished building. "'Kay."

I was packing the boxes over to the building and Gally would not stop nagging at me! He kept saying that I was too slow or too weak or that I belonged in the kitchen. I could ignore him easily, but what he just did pissed me off so bad.

He was walking past me while I was carrying this heavy box of rocks, and he bumped my shoulder and made me drop the box and all the rocks fell out! One even hit my foot! Which was now throbbing. "What the hell is your problem eyebrows?!" I yelled at Gally. One hour, I just had one more hour 'til dinner, he just had to do this. "I don't have a problem, now pick them up and take them over there."
"You're the one that made me drop them! Why don't you bend your lazy ass down and pick them up yourself? 'Cause I'm not doing it."
"You better shut up and do what I say, or else."
"Or else what eyebrows? I'm not scared of you."
"You should be, now you're making me mad so do what I said or you're gonna get hurt."
"Hurt by who? You? Why would I be scared of a crybaby."

And with that he punched me, this dumb shank punched me in the mouth! I was already pissed off, then I tasted blood in my mouth and that just made it worse. I got up and launched myself at him and I got in two punches before I was pulled off of him. I hit him in the nose the first time, and in the eye the second.

I saw Alby, Newt and some other gladers running over to us. When Alby got close enough he yelled, "What the shuck is going on here!?"
"Gally punched me, so I punched back." I told him blankly. Newt was looking at me full of worry. "He what?" Alby said shocked. "She had it coming." Gally said trying to defend himself. " Go to the medjacks. Gally, two nights in the slammer with only dinner. (Y/N) one night in the slammer."
"What? Why me he started it!" I argued back, confused about why I was being punished. "You're getting a night because you still attacked him back, even if he did start it. Now Newt will take you to the medjacks and then the slammer.
This is bullshit...

A/N: so this was a really long chapter, but I hope you guys liked it!
Thank you so much for reading.