High school insults

Willow
I enter my locker code and remove some books from inside the locker. "Tom is looking at you." Jess says from besides me as I adjust the books inside.
"Let him. I have eyes only for one guy for now, you know that Jess, I really want to try my luck with Blake." My lips curl up in a smile as I think about him. "Do you love him?" Lindsay asks me as she runs a hand through her dyed pink highlights. "Not really. I like him quite a lot, that's it. And he's different, I'm drawn to him and the attraction is becoming too much for me to miss." I shrug. "Okay so Tom is totally planning a bitch move it seems."
"Oh god Jess, just let it be." I shake my head at her. I shut my locker and the three of us round a corner.

"Willow." Someone calls from behind. I turn around to see Tom standing there with a rose in his hand. I mentally roll my eyes. "What Tom?" I ask.
He comes close to me, too close for my liking and says,"Willow, I love you. Please be mine, please please." He almost pleads. I frown. "Tom don't say that please. I'm not liking it. You're a friend and I really don't want to date you right now." I say. He pleads some more while I shake my head and then he kind of loses it. Anger contorts his features and he leans in to me. "This is about someone else right? About Brad from the football team? You can date him, but not me? What does he give you that I don't? Does he make you scream in bed-" I gasp and hold him by his collar. "Dare you speak to me like that." He just smirks in rage, okay he looks really scary right now. Not to mention, all the people staring at us in the corridor.

"Come on Willow, you deserve to be talked to like that. You're just a hoe after all." And before I can react, a hand slaps him across his face.

"Shut the fuck up and move before I literally drag you on your ass to the principal's office!" Lindsay steps in front of me and wags a finger in his face. He holds the side of his face and looks agape at Lindsay. He keeps looking at her in fury, alternating his gaze between her and me. Jess shoves him, not too hard by the way and says,"Stop staring at us like that. I'll cut your balls and feed them to the dogs. Now buzz off." She says.

As for me, I'm too shocked. Lindsay holds my hand and leads me out while people stare and whisper amongst themselves. Jess just shows them the middle finger and mutters under her breathe,"Willow we'll chuck school today and have some girl time. Too much of shit happening nowadays."

When we're finally out, I stand there looking at them as the two of them sit on the bonnet of Lindsay's car. Without a further word, Jess gets up and hugs me. Tight. I feel another pair of arms snaking us and it's Lindsay. The three of us stand awkwardly in a group hug while the bell inside school rings signalling the start of classes.

"I seriously don't know what I would have done without you two." I say as we part.
"You don't need to know that. We're here with you, forever." Jess says as she runs a soothing hand along my arm.

"I was so scared, you know? For a second, I felt like he would harm me. He just burst into my face and started saying all those harsh things. I went totally blank." I say slowly as Lindsay takes my head and places it on her shoulders.

"I know babygirl, that's why Lindsay slapped him. He totally deserved it. He can't get away with spoiling my best friend's day." Jess says with her hands folded across her chest.

"Am I..you know, what he said?" I ask her, my head still placed on Lindsay's shoulder.

Jess sighs as she plops on the bonnet beside me and kisses my cheek. "If they don't know you personally, don't take them personally. They call us whores, sluts and hoes. Do they even know that we're virgins? Every girl who's fashionable and prefers to roam around with boys, and just happens to like flirting isn't a slut. Do they know how Lindsay here has been through so much of shit because she had self-esteem issues and anorexia? Do they know that my dad comes home only twice a year and my mom has an extra marital affair? Do they know that you were in love once and the boy toyed with your heart and left once he had seen your private pictures? No, they fucking don't. Yet they judge, and they'll continue doing so. It's up to us Willow, we have to be strong and trust me, I'm proud of what how we've survived all this shit. They see us being bitches, but they don't know the story behind us. Let them speak whatever they want, we three are there for each other."

I wipe out a tear from the corner of my eyes. My friends are all I have, I'll lose myself if I lose them. They're my everything, my lifelines. Our friendship just isn't another fake act to click selfies and post with lame captions, it's much much more than that. It's a bond, a matter of the heart. I love them too much. The only people who keep me sane in this world driving me crazy. They're the world to me, I hope they know that.

For the rest of the day, we go shopping, eat at a restaurant, go to the gaming alley and have fun. I missed the whole day of school today, and I don't have regrets. I'm just wondering how Tom won't take the insult lying down. He'll plan revenge, I'm sure.