three ◇ sticks and stones may break my bones but i will always love you

"Love means giving someone the chance to hurt you, but trusting them not to."

✖✖✖

○ Jungkook's P.O.V ○

"Bye, hyung." I said to Taehyung before I headed to my class. Ever since I'd met with him this morning, he was acting all weird... what was up with him? I guess I wasn't about to find out anytime soon...

It was hours later that I was walking to the cafeteria because it was lunch time and Taehyung and I agreed to meet there, when someone bumped into me. It was Jimin. "Oh! Jungkook, I finally found you! Tae got into a fight!" A fight?! Taehyung?! That wasn't like him at all..

Jimin pulled me along, into the cafeteria where I saw Taehyung get hit by Kangmin, right into the face. He stumbled back and almost fell but caught his balance, as blood was dripping from his nose. "Hyung!" I cried out. Why was he fighting Kangmin?! Was it...oh no, was it because I was beat up the other day? Because of something that stupid?!

I was about to go and help Taehyung, when a teacher ran past me and stopped Kangmin. It was pure chaos, really, but in the end, the teacher managed to get Kangmin out of the cafeteria. I ran over to Taehyung, looking at him with a worried expression. "Hyung..! Your nose...!"

"Shit, I should go to the hospital." He muttered, looking pained. "I- I'll go with you." I said but he shook his head, smiling slightly. "No, Jungkook, you still have class. I'll go alone and call you later, okay?" I didn't want to give in but he was right. It'd be bad if I were to leave school now. So I nodded, disappointed. I couldn't be with Taehyung because of school... He smiled at me before leaving. I sighed, running a hand through my hair. I just hoped his nose wasn't broken...

x x x

After school, I went to visit Taehyung. He had texted me, saying his nose was actually broken. He'd also asked me to buy him something to eat since I was gonna come over anyway so that's what I did. So now I was standing in front of his door, a bag with a burger and a sprite in it, as I rang the bell with my free hand. He opened the door and I was shocked at how exhausted he looked. There was some kind of bandage on his nose, which looked swollen and bruised.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He sighed, "Not really. Come in." He held the door open for me and I went inside, slipping out of my shoes before I walked to his kitchen counter and put down the bag. "Here. Food." I said. He nodded and took the burger, beginning to eat.

After a while, I decided to break the pretty awkward silence between us. "Hyung, why did you fight with Kangmin?" I asked. He blinked and looked up from his burger. He shook his head, "He hurt you, Jungkook."

"And violence is a good way to get back at him for it?? Really?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. I'd been worried but now I was getting mad. Did he seriously think violence would help at all? Did he think reacting to violence with even more violence would help? Did he know how much I hated violence?

"No- I mean, I don't know, okay? I wasn't thinking! You were hurt and I just reacted the way I found fair at that moment! I know it wasn't okay, I know it didn't help at all and instead caused even more problems!" He said, sounding slightly annoyed. "Then why'd you fight with him if you knew it wouldn't help?!"

"I don't know, okay?! I told you I wasn't thinking!" He almost yelled. I was done. I glared at him before simply walking to the door. I knew I was being stupid but I was so mad. And Taehyung acting like that did not help??