Extra Chapter 5: Soup Is Not Easy

A request for one of my readers, @legionistka00 who requested on of the dorks sick (thank you!) 

 Note: I know shit about cooking. Also you read the new chapter? Sanji pls be ok! Sorry if this is too short! 

*
It's not a secret that the straw hats have a reckless captain. It's not surprising if an accident or two occur and sickness is not uncommon  either.

But what Zoro was dealing with was impossible; himself excluded, everyone else was down with the flu. 

And he had to take care of them. Well, him. He was only putting real effort in making sure Sanji was okay. Everyone else could do it themselves. 

It was a difficult task. Without Chopper to make medicines and Sanji to cook warm meals, the swordsman was left helpless. But he was just not going to let his boyfriend suffer. So he decided to cook a warm noodle and chicken soup. 

Though, as it turns out, it's extremely difficult to make one when the only think you can do is cut the vegetables and the only reason you can do that is because you are a swordsman, apparently that's not the only thing you must do to end up with at least something edible. 

Sanji would curse him if he knew how many times he had thrown away food just because it tasted like shit, really he had even eaten a rice ball that had fallen on the ground and crushed by an asshole, but he couldn't give that sad excuse of a soup to Sanji. 

"Zoro!", Luffy sleepily called from his room, "Food!". 

Zoro gave him his latest attempt at cooking. Luffy can stomach it, they had survived for months just the two of them after all. Usopp and Brook used to live alone, but he was too embarassed to give to Nami, Robin or Chopper any of it. They will have to wait for Sanji to eat first. 

Sorry, crew. 

Then he went to see Sanji, Sanji who looked pretty even  now that he was sick with that cute little blush decorating his cheecks...along with the rest of his face, but he will always look perfect to Zoro. 

"Really, Zoro?", he asked, his tone was not proud at all. 

"What?", he asked back even though he knew what his boyfriend was talking about. 

"You are giving them the food that tastes bad, aren't you", the blonde explained. 

"They are not complaining", Zoro  answered with a shrug of his shoulders. He was still silently panicking though. 

"Zoro", Sanji's voice was calm and soft, "You know I will eat anything you cook for me right? I know it doesn't come naturally to you so I appreciate your effort, I don't care how bad it tastes...It propably will taste delicious to me". 

"You say that because you haven't tried what I made yet, it seriously sucks", Zoro turned his face away to hide the blush that matched Sanji's. 

"Because you won't let me have any", the cook reasoned, "And don't think I don't know you threw most of it away so there won't be any left for me". 

"I am sorry, I know you don't like that", he apologised sincerely, "I am going to make some more for the rest of you to eat". 

"You do that", the shorter man smiled. 

"I am gonna try my best this time!", he said and left the room. 

"This is not so bad", the blonde said after trying some of the swordsman food, "I mean, it could be better, but nice effort". 

"Thank you", Zoro smiled and leaned down to kiss his boyfriend. 

"Zoro!", Nami yelled, "What is this? Soup or piss? The next time you'll give me something so shitty you'll be wearing it as a hat before you even have time to blink". 

Zoro rolled his eyes. I told you so, Sanji

Robin found the situation amusing and couldn't stop laughing. 

Fuck you, crew.

I am tivruskyiv on tumblr! Follow me for anime stuff!