Tris

Original chapter title: Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

"Can I talk to you?" Four asks me on Friday as we're walking out of school. "Alone?" he glances at our friends, who are jumping down the steps and shouting and basically just being complete idiots.

"Sure...?" he grabs me by my elbow and pulls me into a dark classroom. I pull the door shut. At least no one will miss us. "What's up?"

"If I tell you this, you have to swear not to tell anyone." He sounds dead serious, his dark blue eyes even darker than usual. I nod, knowing that he's not kidding. "Do you know who Marcus Eaton is?"

"Yeah, of course. He's in the Senate or something with my father, right?" Well, was in the Senate with my father, I think bitterly. I don't see where this is going.

"Yeah. Tris, do you know his son's name?"

"Uh huh. It's Tobias Eaton-" I stop myself. "You're him, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I am." he nods.

"I know this might be a little personal, but are the rumors true? About your father, you know..."

"Absusing me?" I feel my face turn red. I nod silently. "Yes, they're true."

I'm frozen for a minute, trying to think of what to say. I take a step closer. "I wish they weren't. You did nothing wrong. That isn't right." My fingertips skim his jawline, and I concentrate on them rather than his eyes.

"Life usually sin't fair." He tells me. I glance up at his eyes and nod. I don't know why, but we both lean in closer. When our lips are separated by a sliver of air and we're literally about to kiss, the door opens.

"Four, we gotta go." I sigh quietly and step away. We're always interrupted.

"Can you give me a minute, Zeke?"

"Yeah, sure. Whatever." The door shuts with a click.

"You should go, Four. Don't want to keep Zeke waiting." I say, hoping a little that he doesn't go just yet.

"Don't call me that." he says instead of replying. "I like it when you say my name." He leans in and presses his mouth against mine quickly, a light and innocent kiss. He leads me out of the room and to the parking lot, holding my hand until we have to separate.

When I get home, I'm grinning like an idiot and my lips are still tingling from my first kiss.