Shauna

Original chapter title: Are You Scared?

Being the psycho nutcases that we are, we wait to get on the Jungle Cruise and the Haunted Mansion until around midnight- thank you, Disney, for Extra Magic Hours. Already scared shitless from the Jungle Cruise- I want to beat the living shit out of Zeke, Four, and Uriah for that lovely experience- we're stupid enough to run over to the Haunted Mansion to get on.

And even stupider, we take the scenic route through the cemetery. Tris and Marlene- who has also never been to Disney- are amazed with pretty much every little thing, especially the organ-thingie that shoots out steam. Zeke, Uriah, and Four- being the asswipes that they are- walk ahead of us, hide, and jump out and grab us randomly.

When we did Tom Sawyer Island earlier, they did the same damn thing in the tunnels. They're lucky guns aren't allowed in Disney, or they'd be dead several times over.

"Damn you, Zeke." I smack him once we're out of the cemetery. I'd regained some of my walking ability, so for all of the rides I just leave my wheelchair outside and use crutches to move. He just shakes his head at me, grinning, and helps me walk. I lean against him when we're in the elevator-thing.

"Scared?" he breathes in my ear.

"Of you? No. Of the ride? Oh, hell yeah." I reply. He grins again. The doors open and we walk out. Tris, however, lingers in the elevator.

"Yo Prior, move it!" Lynn calls.

Tris looks around the room in almost awe. "They're talking." She says it quietly, a perfectly sane smile tugging up the corners of her mouth. She slowly walks out and then starts walking next to Zeke and I.

"Huh?" I ask.

"The gargoyles. They talked." She shrugs as if it's perfectly normal.

"Talked about what?" Uriah prompts. Of course we knew they talked, we'd looked it up and most of us had been here before. But this was the first time that any one of us had ever heard them, and not to mention her first time here.

Tris shakes her head. "Something about staying together or something like that." Four slides his arm around her shoulders and smiles down at her.

"Well, that's enough proof there that you've never been here." He grins.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I don't think she intended to sound like she was flirting with him, but that's exactly what she was doing.

He shakes his head at her and pulls her into the Doom Buggy in front of Zeke and I. I hear him say, "Nothing Tris," and then his laugh. Uriah and Marlene take the Doom Buggy in back of us. Well then, this should be fun.