Chap four

" Expecto Patronum ". Rarba cried out in her desperate attempt for the spell to work . It did not .
Rarba had been trying for the last half hour to get the spell right like the rest of the class.
But unlike her the rest of the class was getting results.
Rarba stood with her curled hair up in a ponytail , high atop her head .
That it flowed behind her like a frozen waterfall.
Her robes were ankle length so that her black shiny heels were stark and clear .
A small slim silver lined necklace she wore with matching small silver earrings in the shape of a circle.
Her perfect rosy lips were in a straight line from pure frustration.
Rarba did not know the meaning of not able to do something and for her not to know how to do this has taken its toll on her .
The teacher a very happy spirit went her way with a little jump in her step .
" Dear you have to think of a strong happy memory , a memory that when ever you think about fills you with happiness ". And the teacher went away going around to help other students .
Tom knew the problem .
Like him she had no happy memories she could recall.
For there were none .
Rarba breathed out an irritated sigh .

When a bunny appeared from someone's accomplishment , Rarba lost it and went to have a seat .
She sat down with her usual grace but not her normal grace for this one was lugging a negative energy on its back .
So when she sat her feet were tapping uncontrollably on the wooden floor .
One after the other .
Tap , tap , tap , tap , tap.

A pause then another tap, tap.
The teacher went Rarba's way and asked the dreaded question , Tom knew Rarba was praying would not be asked .
" Give me an example of a happy memory for you ". The teacher tried sitting without the grace Rarba had .
Rarba was silent , then-
" when me and my sister went off together ". Rarba said with no emotion what so ever .
Tom knew Rarba and her sister did not run away together , that was how he knew it was a lie .
A lie to satisfy the teacher , making her go .
Which the teacher very well did .
" Can the memory be unreal like made up ". Rarba asked the teacher under her breath while looking at her nails , just as the teacher was about to stand up.
The professor was utterly confused with her yellow graying hair open and all over the place .
Thick rimmed glasses on her nose which were sliding down.
" I've never heard of that method before , but no dear it has to be a real happy memory to fill you up with happiness , which a fake memory can't do ". And with that the teacher stood and went around the class , to help the others.

Tom brandished his wand out and racked his brain for a happy memory .
There were none .
And the little that were remotely happy , concerned Rarba .
And he did not want any happy memory concerning her .
For all memories concerning her were not happy , they were special yes .
But none were too strong to trigger , for if he thought of them together at the orphanage , the orphanage made the happy memory into a glum one .
Tom turned his head to look at Rarba and saw her stand up to leave .
Heading towards the door her heels clicking against the floor .
Her head was held high , just in case someone thought she was leaving in shame .
Tom stood and followed inconspicuously behind her .

Rarba did not feel his presence which was weird in itself .
She walked down the halls her heels the only rhythmic sound in the deserted corridors .
And the only sound that he could follow , for if he went directly behind her ; she'd notice .
He followed her upstairs , down halls , pass curious portraits .
And still Rarba did not stop .
She looked almost mechanic as if wherever she was going was known by heart .

They reached a corridor that was weirdly unknown to Tom.
Who thought knew every inch of the castle .

Rarba looked left and right but not back , which was where Tom was peeking his head behind the wall obscuring him .
Taking out her wand Rarba held it and traced a sort of tune on the wooden door , that looked exactly like the others.
In an instant the door shifted and became less than half its original size in height and width .
Rarba crouched on her knees and set her palm face first on the door.
The door which was now the colour blue with spirals moving all around it .
All speaking of magic .

Tom was in awe as he saw the door glow a majestic pink.
And hurdled itself open .
With one last cautious look around , Rarba crawled inside the very small door that only a baby could walk into while standing .

The last thing Tom saw of Rarba , were her heels going in after her .
Tom knew that the door would not remain open and ran to it and got to his knees like Rarba did .
What he could see inside was astonishing .
There was a normal sized table , it had the colour gold and if you stacked another table on it , you would reach the igloo shaped ceiling .
Tom spotted Rarba she had a huge key in her hand .
The key was the length of her arm , it had to be held by both her hand and she still looked to be struggling from its weight .
Finally twisting it into the lock , the door clicked open and Rarba disappeared inside , the door was starting to shut .
Tom with all his might crawled inside and raced towards the half closed red door .
Just as it was about to close , Tom jumped sideways inside .
But what met him on the other side had him lost for words.
Tom backed away but the door that was supposed to hold his back wasn't there .