Chapter 20. You're not sorry.

Jeff's pov.

Everything that had happened to Liara, all her pain, it was all me. It was my fault. I was guilty for everything. She probably hated me.

I came this close. I would've lost her. I don't know what I'd do if I did.

Pulling my hood down, I stepped up to the visitors sign in table. "Who are you here to see young man?"

"I'm here for Liara Wolfe."

"Room 5B." She pointed down a dark corridor.

"Thanks." I nodded and walked down the hall until I came to a door with a sign that said "5B". Hesitating for a moment, I twisting the knob and stepped in. I saw the silhouette of Liara's body under the covers. I sat down besides her and stroked her hair.  

Her eyes were closed, her lips pointed down in a slight frown. What was she thinking about, or better yet, dreaming about. I wanted to know.

Her eyes fluttered open, them meeting mine. Liara didn't make a sound. She just quietly watched as I held her gaze. "You came back for me.." I watched her lips quiver as they mouthed out the words.

"I always do." Her expression morphed into a full out frown.

"Why?" I couldn't answer her. "You should've left me for dead.."

"Liara.." I didn't know what I should say. She sat up, grimacing in pain. I reached out and held her.

"Jeff don't." I ignored her warning and leaned forward, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her to me.

"Why do you always do this to me.." She murmured.

"I'm sorry."

"You're not sorry."

"You're so unpredictable..." I pressed my chin on her shoulder, her hair smelled nice. She pouted.

"The woman from that night, she told me some things.. You guys know each other don't you..?"

"What did she say to you?" I pulled back, observing her expression that haven't altered. Whatever that escaped from Jane's mouth wasn't going to be good. Some of it would be false while others might be true; but from the past. Jane knew how to mess with someone's mind. Liara deflected my question and ignored me

"You can't possibly believe the words she said to you."

"I don't know."

"Here we go again. Can you stop being so vague?" I didn't want this to end in the same results as the last one. I wanted to stay with her, and I didn't want to be angry. But Liara was acting irritable.

"You just don't get it. You never do.."

"It doesn't matter."

"This is not contributing-"

"Then why the HELL did you come back?" She interuppted. I stared at her for a moment, not knowing what to say. I couldn't tell her the truth. Lies wasn't something I wanted her to hear either. "See Jeff? You can't even answer me.." Liara sighed and crossed her arms. " 

She was wrong, dead wrong. It wasn't what she thought. I wanted to tell her, I wanted to admit it, yet the words disappear everytime I try.

I reached my hand out, Liara cringed. "I'll go." I pulled back and got up, shutting the door behind me as I walked out.

I thought I heard her sobs but it was barely audible, probably my imagination. I walked down the corridor and down the familiar.  

Who was I kidding..  

None of this was my fault. I could and will kill anyone standing in my way, except her. Liara was awfully suprised that I came for her, I was too. Why did I go back for her? Yeah, why did I save her and care for her life. Maybe she did mean more to me than I had thought, somewhere in my corrupted soul. I just wasn't aware yet..

"Jeffery!" A man yelled from behind me. I glanced back to see two cops sprinting down the hall. I immediately turned and fled down the hall, ducking into the emergency exit. The officers chased me as I ran down the stairs. I pulled out my knife and turned around, shoving it deep inside the mans stomachs. He groaned in pain and dropped to his knees. The second one pulled out his gun and I ducked, running down another hall. Two more officers stepped out infront of me. "Get out of my way." I growled, the men taking out tasers. In a quick motion, I slashed their stomachs with my knife and ran.  

Bang.  

I looked down to see a small puddle of blood underneath me.  

Drip. Drip. Drip.  

A sudden electric shock went through my body and I went limp. A man came up and hand cuffed me. "You're under arrest, Jeff the killer." Two officers took my arms and dragged me out of the building and into a car.  

"Congratulations Sir, you finally captured Jeffery." A womans voice from outside said.

"Yes, After years of tracking." A man answered.

"But sir, I suggest the mental asylum. I feel it would be the right place for him." The woman leaned and peered into the car I was in. "The building is well guarded and impossible to escape from."

"Alright, just let me fill in the files." The man walked around and sat down in the drivers seat.

A cop opened the car door and dragged me out. The building was a huge white thing that looked ancient. I memorized the surroundings as the men pushed me forwards towards the building.  

A woman clothed in a white dress opened the front door. She looked like a nurse.  

We went inside and headed straight. Their were several long hallways. The one we went down was dark and cold. The lady stopped at the last room and took out a chain with numerous keys. After picking one, she stuck it in the keyhole and opened the door. The room was completely white, separated by a glass wall.  

"Aight. Were going to leave him here." The cops opened the door and walked me into the glass room.  

He locked the door and left.  

"Jeffery. I'll be your caretaker from now on. If you need-"

"Shut up before I gut you." I growled, slamming myself against the glass.

"You may want some alone time." She said and left.

_____________________________________________________

I tried to make this chapter a bit longer for you guys and I ended up writing it at work on my phone. I hope you guys like it. Sorry I can't make all my chapters long. I've been really busy lately and going through some issues.. I'm trying my best to update regularly though. I love you all. 

Thanks for reading. Give it a vote and comment your thoughts and opinions. What path would you like the story to go next? What do you think will happen?  

Love, Alice xoxo