Thinking Of You

You said move on, where do I go.

It's been six years since I saw her.

If my memory was correct, though I'm sure it was and I almost chuckled at my skepticism, she was taller than me. But now after much observation and the time lapsed, I had grown a couple of inches here on earth. If we were to see each other again in her planet Alternia, I would wager we were the same height now.

Unless she grew as well.

I would never admit how much I wanted to see her again. Though I'm certain that the others know, I tried not to show it. But I truly did miss her. My matesprit.

I remember a memory of her,

“Is That Any Good?” she had asked with eyebrows raised at the cup of coffee I was drinking. It still made me wonder if she knew everything she did was breathtaking.

I smirked as I placed my cup at the table in front of us. We had been in the meteor's library, reading books to pass time. “I suppose. But I'm not sure I could describe the taste of it by substituting it for a troll's certain beverage due to the lack of knowledge of your kind's drinking history.”

She smiled. “I Guess.” and she turned her eyes to the tome she was reading, her lips still contorted with a slight smile.

I started reading as well, but got bored after one paragraph, so I casually rolled my chair closer to her, our elbows touching. She didn't seem to mind the sudden gesture except for a tiny flush of green on her cheeks, and had continued reading.

I wrapped my arms around her. This time she noticed, and had glowed brightly. “You seem in quite a nice mood today, Kanaya.” I had wondered.

She chuckled, the sound warming my insides like the coffee. “I Am Just Really Elated That You Are Consuming This Cup Of Joe Instead Of Your Soporifics, Rose.” her eyes looked at me and I felt them melting into mine.

I smiled. A genuine one. It was an instant reaction to my lips when we spent time together. “Well, I had realized that one's problem should not also be implemented on their lover by making them anxious.”

“But You Still Have Troubles.” her eyebrows furrowed and she bit down on her bottom lip while looking down at the table.

Worrying. Always worrying. I turned her chair so her whole body was angled towards me and had placed my face at the base of her neck while my hands held her by the waist.

“By quite a margin, dear Kanaya,” I breathed heavily. She shivered. “Though as I've said, I realized that I should not be giving all the worry and remorse to you when I drink my beverages.” I kissed her lightly on her neck and pulled away to look at her face.

Her cheeks were flushed green and her eyebrows were still together, but now she looked confused. I was about to excruciatingly explain again, but her face smoothed at last. Her eyes flashed to mine, dazzling me momentarily.

“You Will Not Consume Your Human Soporifics Anymore?” her lips smiling at the idea.

I smirked. “That was what I was implying before. So as long as you are with me, never will I feel such melancholy, my muse.” She took me by surprise by placing her hands at my neck and kissed me on my full lips. Her fangs slightly grazed my bottom lip and it made me want to hold her more close. So that's what I did.

* * *

It made me sad inside. Though of course my face held no feebleness.

Ever since the game ended and we won, I tried not to think about her. How she had bid farewell, because she thought it was the right thing to do. How her eyes glistened with tears when she held my hand one last time, then let it go. The last image that registered in my mind before the four of us left, was the girl I love running away from me.